Accolades for Adventure Divers, Pattaya

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just Curious Who are you diving with ?
Tao has approx 40 stores and a large degree of difference betwen them,from Backpacker cheap charlie type stores to high end private speedboat courses.

I found the same in Pattaya big difference in attitude and service depending who you are with.

Agree completely.

Regarding the particulars, it is against my personal "policy" to "name names" (in public) regarding negative reviews and experiences when diving; and to only "name names" in public when there is something mostly positive to share.

I can share this .... The dive resort I've been diving on in Koh Tao is very large and certifies a huge number of OW divers They are certainly not a "cheap charlies" place. The resort and bar is very popular and busy!

Regarding "speed boats".... That is mostly immaterial as, for me, "speed" and "diving" are orthogonal concepts (except when drift diving!). When I hear the words "hurry" "go fast" "rush" "go go go", my "recreational enjoyment meter" goes down as I consider diving a relaxing sport, not a race, competition or replacement for a gym workout.

Last edited:
In fairness to Pattaya, I am in Koh Tao diving at the moment, and the dive boats and service to divers in Pattaya far exceeds anything I have experienced in KT so far by a wide margin.

I plan to try another dive center in KT before moving off the island.

It is great to be a dive customer with free time to dive where ever I want and to "look, touch and feel" the different regions. So far, my direct "hands and eyes on" experience reveals a much different understanding than what is often posted in these forums.

Agree with you there :)

I am interested in this report. Where is Adventure Diver located? I am going to Pattaya this month for diving and going through all the site on the internet has been interesting but long. Can anyone recommend a good place to stay while in Pattaya that is kind of central located, good service. Basically a place that is inexpensive and I do not have to worry about my stuff. Thanks

Hi UnderwaterFlyer,

Adventure Divers is in South Pattaya, on the north side of Jomtien. Here is a link to their web site, which is not very fancy.

You can call Robert Camp, one of the partners and operations manager, within Thailand at 0892525026 or from outside of Thailand +66892525026 (mobile), if you wish.

Regarding where to stay in Pattaya, there is plenty to choose from. It really depends on your budget. Online Hotel Discount Reservations Worldwide - Book Your Hotel With Agoda is your best bet, because they have reviews from actual customers.

Agree completely.

Regarding the particulars, it is against my personal "policy" to "name names" (in public) regarding negative reviews and experiences when diving; and to only "name names" in public when there is something mostly positive to share.

I can share this .... The dive resort I've been diving on in Koh Tao is very large and certifies a huge number of OW divers They are certainly not a "cheap charlies" place. The resort and bar is very popular and busy!

Are you talking about Crystal dive?
I found SOME of the staff (DM's) very rude and insulting, when i tried to check in. so I took my money 2 min walk away and had a great time diving with a great DM.

I understand that the boat is nice. But for me the boat isn't important at all. How was the diving, skills of the staff? Policy, dive time? etc etc?

I understand that the boat is nice. But for me the boat isn't important at all. How was the diving, skills of the staff? Policy, dive time? etc etc?

I thought the diving was very good, all the standard wrecks in Pattaya (well, two of three, Khram and Kood), Far Islands and Near Islands. Staff fun and friendly. Nitrox mixed on board for the wreck dives. There were no dive time limits. If you can go 75 minutes on a coral dive with 50 bar at the surface after the dive, then that is up to you and your buddy team.

I thought the diving was very good, all the standard wrecks in Pattaya (well, two of three, Khram and Kood), Far Islands and Near Islands. Staff fun and friendly. Nitrox mixed on board for the wreck dives. There were no dive time limits. If you can go 75 minutes on a coral dive with 50 bar at the surface after the dive, then that is up to you and your buddy team.

That sounds nice!! I have very different experiences with other dive centers in Pattaya.
But there are more than enough Pattaya threads already. Nice to read something nice....

I have to agree with frd, in my opinion Adventure do have the best boat in Pattaya, and probably the best staff I have experienced in the area.
I have dived with Adventure many times and never had reason to complain, most unlike my experiences with numerous other shops in the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom