Adding Traction to DC Drysuit Soles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GA Under Water:
What about the Truck Bedliner from Dupont. Rubberized Epoxy with sand and you can make it as thick as you like.
Or maybe just cut some chunks out of all-season radials :) Sorry, couldn't resist.

Still not sure that this or the sand-mixed aquaseal would work well. Sand paper on snow would still seem pretty slippery to me. Maybe not...

cmalinowski:
Still not sure that this or the sand-mixed aquaseal would work well. Sand paper on snow would still seem pretty slippery to me. Maybe not...
Think I'll test it on some old tennis shoes first.

Put the aquaseal on boot sole. Spread evenly to a thin layer with a popsickle stick. Make it smooth and don't stir it. SPRINKLE a lot of clean sand all over the aquaseal surface. Let dry for a day. Gently scrape off excess sand that did not adhere. I have done this on boots a number of times.

OK, thanks all. Here is what I did:

I mixed some Tread Tex (which is the sandy stuff you add to paint for putting traction onto decks, steps, marine surfaces, that kind of thing) with some Shoe Goo, and spread a thin layer over the sole with a knife. The I sprinkled a layer of the Tread Tex on top of that, let it dry, and brushed off any of the sand that didn't stick.

Tried them yesterday and ice and snow. Perfect!! Worked like a charm! I never slipped once.

Thanks all for the help. As usual, ScubaBoard to the rescue!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom