Adopt a Soldier

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Allow me to say thanks to all of you. I just got back from my sixth trip to Iraq, and it's still nice to see these packages pouring in.

Politics aside, everybody can rally around beef jerky, M&Ms, and PB crackers.

Thank you for your service! I'm glad that you've made it back. Unlike a lot of careers, the military career always includes the whole family no matter if they like it or not!

.....Politics aside, everybody can rally around beef jerky, M&Ms, and PB crackers.

and vegemite :bounce2:

i always inc some aussie vegemite in my care packages...... its the price of freedom i tell 'em :lotsalove:

what a great initiative

Great threas. I'm an Infantry Marine with 1st Batallion 6th Marine Regiment. I just got back from my second tour in the Ghan. Care packages rule! I suppose it'd be un-PC to say but...the two most sought after items in the field where tobacco products and cleverly conceled booze (amber mouthwash...heh). After that, food was king! Jerky and other cured meats where especially yummy, and candy!

Also, keep in mind the job of the person you are sending items to, we always apreciated the thought behind alll packages, but DVD's aren't very usefully to an Infantry Marine in the field living in a fighting hole heh.

Thank-you to all the people that support the troops!

I am just a contractor now but I did my time in the US Navy. I am not sure if you all get thanked for your support enough but the support is welcomed.

I am working in Afghanistan and everyday is like the movie "Groundhog Day". Everyday is the same unless you receive some unwanted excitement.
The packages here are always well received and this base has more creature comfort than most. Some of the desert items like wipes set around a little longer until a group heads for the forward bases. When that happens it is like the locusts have struck but us base people don't mind at all...those boys and girls are really on the sharp end of the stick.
Thanks again.
Jerry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom