Advice for a possible torn ACL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi- Thanks for all your inout and advice. I'm still hoping the diagnosis won't be bad, just a sprain or something. But even if it is a tear, I feel like I'll be able to handle it. I just hope the recovery is fast, since I run around after a 2 year old, and a soon to be crawling 7 month old all day. They don't quite slow down for me, just cause I have a bad knee.

Hope to be diving again soon!
:rolleyes:

Way to go, honey! You've got 6 posts now! You're that much closer to your very own avatar. :wink:

GirlieDiver once bubbled...
Hi- Thanks for all your inout and advice. I'm still hoping the diagnosis won't be bad, just a sprain or something. But even if it is a tear, I feel like I'll be able to handle it. I just hope the recovery is fast, since I run around after a 2 year old, and a soon to be crawling 7 month old all day. They don't quite slow down for me, just cause I have a bad knee.

Hope to be diving again soon!
:rolleyes:

Thanks for starting this thread, and getting advice for me! Hope the knee doesn't stop me from trying out that drysuit soon!:D

but... after the inital swelling went down and the pain subsided, I did several dives prior to my surgery. If you decide to do this, I recommend easy stuff, have your buddy carry your tank to the water and put it on there if possible. Once you are in the water there shouldn't be any problem.

Doing stuff with a screwed up ACL sucks, but remember to keep the knee slightly flexed and you should be much more stable. Ice and ibuprofen help a lot also.

I mailed out the CD this AM. I hope you find it helpful!

You're a superstar!

Thanks for all of the advice and help.

Now I just need to find a babysitter, and drag GirlieDiver out to a dive site! :ydevil:

chickdiver once bubbled...
but... after the inital swelling went down and the pain subsided, I did several dives prior to my surgery. If you decide to do this, I recommend easy stuff, have your buddy carry your tank to the water and put it on there if possible. Once you are in the water there shouldn't be any problem.

Doing stuff with a screwed up ACL sucks, but remember to keep the knee slightly flexed and you should be much more stable. Ice and ibuprofen help a lot also.

I mailed out the CD this AM. I hope you find it helpful!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom