Visibility is still good around Palos Verdes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MaxBottomtime

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Merry Passage and I had completely different conditions than yesterday. It was hot and sunny, and the swells had picked up a bit. I told Merry we were going to Golf Ball Reef. On the way there, she said she wanted to make another dive on Torrance Reef soon. While she was on the bow performing her Anchor Girl duties, she mentioned that there were bubbles coming to the surface. I surprised her by taking her to Torrance Reef after all.

It's far from my favorite dive site, as photo ops are few are far between. I got lucky today. Although the hydroids that are home to Dotos were gone, there were still things to find. Sheep crabs were having a corporate meeting. They were all over the reef with one sitting on a high spot above the others. I found a beautiful red juvenile scorpionfish and pointed it out to Merry. I guess it really blended into its surroundings, as Merry didn't see it from just a few feet away. A three-foot halibut rested in the sand next to our anchor. It remained there throughout the dive.

The water temp was 57° with twenty-five feet of visibility. We'll probably dive again tomorrow as long as the conditions hold.

Photos at Visibility is still good around Palos Verdes

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom