Advice for skinsuit sizing for overweight female

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry for the delay in responding to the advice. I am certified to dive, but for this particular situation, I am just looking for the liner (lycra/bathing suit material). I am going to be taking wetland ecology and coastal watershed classes, and am looking for an alternative for using copious amounts of sunscreen and bug spray.

I am glad of the advice for the wetsuits, as well, since I am intending to pick back up where I left off when I am finished with my degree next summer. Hopefully, I can get back to a size that I know what to look for in gear once I am not putting in over 12 hours a week in commuting (not to mention study time).

Ah, well if your upper and lower are different sizes, I would go the separates route. Swim pants and rash guard work for me. Also easy to doff and go potty. :)

My Lycra skin is very forgiving. It's a Neosport XXL (most likely men's) stretchy in the bust and hips. The legs and arms are too long but they don't get in the way. It would be easy to cut them off and re-hem if I wasn't so lazy.
I wear it under my 3mm and alone when snorkelling.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You may want to investigate the "WaterProof" line of wetsuits. From what I understand, they offer about 18 different sizes of suits cut for women.

Safe dives . . . . . .
. . . safer ascents !

the K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom