Advice on booking airfare Hong Kong to Cebu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We will be travelling Mon-Fri to avoid the crowds and going 2 weeks before Chinese New Years so we're hoping it will be quiet.

I'll keep watching for a deal

Most HK - Cebu flights will be booked solid during Chinese New Year. So don't wait till last minute to purchase your flights.

The super cheap deals ( example P1 ),don't last too long and I wouldn't expect any promos during Chinese New Year.

The way I take advantage of their promo flights is I tell them a month I want to travel and they tell me the dates which have promo. Depending on the dates it may only be possible to get the promo on the flights one way depending on how long I want to stay out of the country.

Thanks lilyl. I thought that is what you were suggesting - booking them separately. A bit of a pain but you can pay about $5 to pick your seats so you just put them beside each other and we save the $65 for the 4th suitcase we don't want.

Thanks mlsantos as I had never heard of Airphil Express. Yes right now they are much cheaper and give you a free 15kg checked bag each. I don't see any special for a dive bag. Figure we need 3 bags at 15kg. But I also don't like the flight time home on the Friday. 8am!!!!! Even Saturday is 8am. That means getting up in the middle of the night to get to the airport in time. I like the times of Cebu Pacific much better (re-eye going and 10pm going home) and if I book separately like lilyl says it only costs $445Cdn. Just have to look more closely at the charges on Airphil for extra weight. Might still be doable with two bags but both or at least one over 15KG. Figure we don't need much in clothes. Just bathing suits + shorts & t-shirts.

Yes Central I agree everything will be booked for CNY but I thought that was for the 5 actual days everyone gets off - not for 2 weeks before and a Mon-Fri.

I'm think about waiting until end of September when we get back from Jamaica. That would still be 3.5 months ahead of time.

Thanks again for all your help

Hi Betty,
Cebu Pacific from HK to Cebu from Jan to 14 Mar 2012 is selling for HK$16.42(<C$2.00) return. So hurry up. I just bought mine for Feb including 15kg of luggage + tax + for HK$770.00.
You can book TWO tickets together because the luggage allowance is booked separately. You can book your for 15kg and your husband for whatever and then add sport allowance if required.
Regards.

Thanks Centrals. I look every day and it is still $588 to go to Cebu and now it is now $688 return. I'm not seeing the special you got.

If you had checked it everyday then there is no way you would have missed it!!!
The offer closed on 21st Aug(Philippines/HK time) ie 8hrs + GMT.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom