Advice on insurance.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Acting as a legal advisor on behalf of Mr. Cyril Gicquel known as ‘Longipalmus’ on this forum.
My client is a professional in the dive industry and was we thought we could deal with professionals.
At the contrary. This is the reason of this post.
After more than a year without news from Depp and miss Hall (a single person company?), the only thing that made this company react was a post on this forum.
Within the same week my client finally got a reply from miss Hall.
Then on Mr Gicquel behalf, he handled me the case.
I have never seen an insurance company like DEPP !

You send the right papers they asked for, but letters are sending back. You try to call them, but they never pick up their phone, or they hang up. You send e-mails, but don't get any answer.

More than a year to close a claim ! Even when they have all they were asking for!

When we are so lucky so we can have a mail from Sandy Hall, she just pretends the documents she received were in french, so she had to translate them. Ok, I can understand that.
But... It was more than a month ago and since... No news, no answer, no contact!
And no way to know the following of the claim.
Now, we don't have any other choice : we have to start a legal procedure against DEPP.

What a waste of time and money!
If the case is not solved soon as we are contacting collegues in your country, we will post again to state what this insurance is…., unless they do their job.
The least we can do is to warn other people against unprofessional behavior in the dive industry.

As a "Legal Advisor" you call posting here as someones council professional? Are you billing your client for your time while you post here? We must have a different definition of professional here. :shakehead:

Not sure this is the place to post but tips for finding the correct insurance will be appreciated.

I have quite a bit of equipment I use for shooting in dry conditions, birds and macro. I am in the process of getting a housing for my Canon 40D . The fear is that I will be an real dummy and flood the camera or even drop it into the murky depths.

Any idea which insurance company is willing to take risks on dummies?

Usage is mainly in the Asia Pacific region and base is Singapore.

Thanks.
Check DEPP Innovative Programs Group, Inc. IPGInsurance is the broker for this product. You may contact the broker at DWL@IPGinsurance.com with any questions related to this procuct.

A warning about home owners insurance coverage for camera gear, to them "loss" means a tree falls on it, a car runs over it, someone steals it, it does not mean it fell off the dive boat or you dropped it...

I am not sure if it covers flooding either.

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom