Advice on OTS Guardian?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to post this update for anyone who may come across this.

The HOG D3 1st stage works well right out of the box with the OTS Guardian. This setup breathes extremely well at depths below 30ft, but in shallower depths it is a little difficult to breath from not unbearable though. When I get my 1st stage serviced I'm going to have the IP adjusted to exactly 135psi.

Also, I went cheap and bought the XS Scuba QD and it works fine and makes life so much easier. I just get out of the water disconnect the hose and keep my Guardian on until I get to a suitable place to doff it.

A note that I would like to inform first time Guardian users of is that even when the Ambient Breathing Valve open if you breath hard enough, such as in a tiring surface swing to your dive line, you can pull air through the regulator because the ABV can only flow so much air and if you breath hard enough you will begin to draw a vacuum in the mask and since its a positive pressure FFM the 2nd stage will begin to flow to fill the mask back up to ambient pressure. So keep that in mind as you can easily suck down 500psi just the surface if you're breathing heavy, so calm down an don't in a rush.

Thanks for the update and for sharing your experiences Toddville393!

135psi for the first stage is where you'll find the best breathing performance with the Guardian. If you have any questions / concerns in the future, please let me know and I'd be happy to help.

Have a great Monday.

Cheers --

I second the use of the XS-Scuba LP quick disconnect. It makes life much easier on boat dives when you can disconnect the mask and put it on the swim step while you climb up the ladder.

Back
Top Bottom