Aeris database password?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sladerer

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
All,

Does anyone know the password that protects the old Aeris .dlg file? I believe it's readable by Access, but the file is protected. I'd like to open it and export the data since the last Aeris version the export of more than one dive at a time was broken. Thanks

Thank you - that worked!

Thanks - I have SubSurface and Dive Log, will play around a bit. The biggest issue was the last version of the Aeris software (which fixed the issue of logging dives after 2019 I think) was that the bulk export was broken again. too much work to export then import 500+ dives. going to play with the database to see if I can get an export with the main dive data, been a while since I've done DB work and need to get the data instead of the numbers for site, location, etc.

If you want to use Diving Log 6.0, you can use the "Oceanlog" import function to directly import the .dlg file, without the need to bulk export. It will also convert the profile data, which will be difficult if you try to do it manually using Access:

Image1.png

I've tried Diving Log 6.0 in the past - it always gave me an error trying to grab the dlg file from Aeris, though it worked for my wife's Oceanic. While the format of the databases seems to be the same, there is something, maybe a key ? that stopped the Aeris log import.

Back
Top Bottom