Oceanic+ 2.0 is released

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

astr0b0y

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
New version 2 release out today with some nice improvements:

1. Freediving Mode: Customize alarms, settings, and track your surface heart rate in our new Freediving Mode. Visualize your descent and ascent rate or enable stealth mode to get closer to animals. Keep track of your dives in the dedicated logbook.
  2. Photography & Video Mode: with Oceanic+ Dive Housing Capture stunning underwater moments using the Oceanic+ Dive Housing. The free version includes automatic color correction for both photos and videos. Your visuals are seamlessly integrated into your dive log.
    Advanced Editing (Premium Option): Upgrade to the premium version of Oceanic+ to access advanced editing. Adjust blue or green color dominance in images and videos. Utilize keyframes to make color corrections throughout videos, ensuring consistent visuals. Plus, apply color correction to imported media, even if taken with other devices.
  3. Weight Planner – Dive Confidently: Our new Weight Planner assists you in determining the right amount of ballast needed for your dive.
  4. Location Planner with Diver-Generated Content: Plan your dives effectively with real-time water temperatures at various depths as reported by our diverse diving community.
  5. New “Activity Map”: Visualize Your Dives on a global map. See all your dive hotspots with color-coded indicators for different modes.
  6. Enhanced Logbook: Instantly share your dive stories effortlessly using the new logbook. Dive photos and videos taken with the Oceanic+ Dive Housing are now seamlessly integrated into your logs. Show your dive profile alongside visuals to tell a complete story.
  7. Export Feature – Your Data, Your Choice: For third-party software users, easily export all your dives to your preferred logbook.
Layout on the phone is updated and a bit more refined but still a bit buggy in areas with the app locking up when changing some settings (depth alarm). Log export is the only new feature I’d make use of but it implementation is not very well thought out. You export all dives, no option of selecting one single dive and a link is sent by email to download them. A single uddf is the result containing all dives so not at all useful for adding dives incrementally to another app. Exported dives don’t contain any gas usage data (maybe that’s not part of the uddf standard?) plus contains other weird data in location fields. A bit of a mess really and not usable. It’s a start in the right direction though.
In the scuba alarms settings you can set the max depth alarm to 45m now, pretty sure that used to be a max of 40 so not sure how that works seeing as AWU stops logging after 44m. I won’t be testing that alarm.

In the scuba alarms settings you can set the max depth alarm to 45m now, pretty sure that used to be a max of 40 so not sure how that works seeing as AWU stops logging after 44m. I won’t be testing that alarm.

Seems odd. I’d think you want some warning before the software locks out.

Weight Planner – Dive Confidently: Our new Weight Planner assists you in determining the right amount of ballast needed for your dive.

The weight planner overestimated the amount of lead I need by a factor of four 😅

Log export is the only new feature I’d make use of but it implementation is not very well thought out.

I’m using @OrcasC205's AWU2UDDF app to export the individual dive data directly from Apple Health, works great

The weight planner overestimated the amount of lead I need by a factor of four 😅

I’m using @OrcasC205's AWU2UDDF app to export the individual dive data directly from Apple Health, works great
Yes, AWU2UDDF is how I get dives into MacDive.
I wear 6.2kg of lead in a 5mm with hood, boots and gloves and lots of bioprene onboard. Oceanic+ says 10kg of I select high body fat and 7kg at average body fat so not too bad a calculation for me.

I dove last night and nothing turns up in Fitness or Health apps so maybe that’s coming at a later date or it’s specific to the new freediving mode only.

I received a notification that Oceanic+ 2.0 for the Apple Watch Ultra and iPhone can be downloaded from the Apple App Store. The most interesting new feature to me was the ability to export dives from the dive log to 3rd party applications, so I updated on my iPhone to try it out.

My initial impression is that the export is a bit clunky in my opinion -- you initiate the export on the phone, but are then emailed a link to download the exported files. I will play with it some more to see what options there are for exporting single dives vs. all of the dives in the logbook. At least the exports are in a standard UDDF file format and include GPS coordinates of the dive site, so they should be consumable by most dive log software.

One issue with the Oceanic+ UDDF exports is they are using a weird date/time format that doesn't match the ISO8601 standards -- the time zone fields appear to be backwards (e.g. -00:10 instead of -1000 for Hawaii Standard TIme - UTC-10). I sent an email to Huish support reporting the problem but have not heard anything back yet.

New version 2.0.3(1) out today but no updated release notes on what's changed.
On first launch after install the app again asks for permission to read/write depth, temp & heart rate as it did on the initial 2.0 release. This time, however, in the Health app you can now see Oceanic+ as a data source for these metrics where with the initial release this wasn't the case.

I posted about export feature in the Oceanic+ 2.0 release in the Dive Software forum.

It works great, except there is a bug in their ISO-8601 date/time format -- I sent Huish an email but have not heard anything back yet.

Edited to add: I have not upgraded to the most recent release (released earlier today), so I do not know if the date issue is addressed.

Edited to add: I have not upgraded to the most recent release (released earlier today), so I do not know if the date issue is addressed.

I checked the latest version released v2.0.3(1) and it still has the bug in the date format (the timezone component specifically.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom