Aeris Mako Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

talonraid

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone have a pair of the Aeris Mako Fins?

LDS has one pair left and they're on sale. I've also read that these fins are on backorder to most dive shops until July 06. Just wanted to know if anyone has any experience or information about them. Thanks in advance.

They're not available from the manufacturer yet. Aeris made a prototype and shipped some for dive shops to test dive. We were told the shipments would be available in March, then May, then June, now July. As far as I know the production run has not been released. We check with them weekly. You can check our site for updates if you're waiting on them. http://crazyscuba.com/pd_mako.cfm

Well, I ended up buying them, because I'm impulsive and have very little self control when it comes to stuff like this. I'll let you know how they work out. It's always nice to run into a fellow Texan.

OK, here's the review if anyone is interested. I tried them out the last few days at Lake Travis in Austin, TX. They worked great! No complaints at all. They had good power when I needed it and I didn't experience any leg fatigue at all. I'm very satisfied with these fins and would recommend them...when they're finally released.

are they heavy at all? They look to be really long and really wide at the tip of them.. It looks like they would perform like any regular fin. What do they feel like for you???

Evil:bgmad:

Thanks for the feedback, that's what we need more of around the scuba world, real feedback from real divers! Glad they worked well for you.

Britt
CrazyScuba.com

are they heavy at all? They look to be really long and really wide at the tip of them.. It looks like they would perform like any regular fin. What do they feel like for you???

Keep in mind I'm a new diver, with years of snorkeling experience: They didn't seem heavy to me at all. They are not that long at all. I use a Regular, and they measure 24 1/2 inches from the heel cup (not the strap) to the furthest tip when flattened. The widest point was about 9 1/4 inches, while the tips are about 8 1/2 inches. The outer portion is a harder plastic type material with a more flexible rubber material on the inside. They have been extremely comfortable to me, and I'm amazed at the improvement in both power and fit over fins I have used while snorkeling. I tried some other fins at the LDS and noticed these diffrences. The split fins were easy to fin with, but had no power when I wanted it. Some of the other traditional/solid blade fins the LDS had were comfortable and had the power I wanted but cost twice as much. This made my decision easy.

So far, I'm extremely happy with them.

By the way, I'm not employed by or associated with Aeris in anyway.

Ahem, however if there are any Aeris reps out there reading this, I would be more than happy to try out any of your gear you wanted to loan me for a few dozen years or so. I would rate it honestly and take care of it....anyone, anyone.....:D

I always knew Scubaboard was a great way to get quick diver feedback - and now on a fin that isn't available yet! Thanks for your review.

As to the question regarding weight - I don't have a pair handy, but as I recall they weigh under 2.5 lbs - extremely light for a pair of fins, and ultimately key to their performance.

As for availability - they will be received here and on their way to our dealers by the end of the month.

Doug

talonraid:
By the way, I'm not employed by or associated with Aeris in anyway.

Ahem, however if there are any Aeris reps out there reading this, I would be more than happy to try out any of your gear you wanted to loan me for a few dozen years or so. I would rate it honestly and take care of it....anyone, anyone.....:D

Back
Top Bottom