After a 2nd strobe for my D90

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ozza

Registered
Reaction score
Currently have a Ikelite ds160 sub strobe and was thinking of getting something like an Inon z240 as the second strobe, are there any views out there on it?

Ta

What camera set up are you using? Generally, I recommend sticking with two like strobes. Is there a particular reason you do not want another Ike DS160?

What camera set up are you using? Generally, I recommend sticking with two like strobes. Is there a particular reason you do not want another Ike DS160?

nikon d90 with aquatica housing, 60mm lens + port.

was looking at the size of the inon and thought it looked a damn sight smaller and less bulky.

ta

I have not seen a system with strobes from 2 different manufacturers. Is there a dual synch cord that would be compatible with such? Perhaps putting one of the strobes on slave mode would be one approach.

The Inon z-240 is certainly a nice strobe but unless you can use the fibreoptic connection (flash must pop up) I would stay with Ikelite.

The size of the Inon's are definitely nice. The problem is with the Aquatica D90 you cannot take advantage of the fiber optic TTL.

I would say do one of two things.

1. Get another Ikelite.

2. Send us the Ike and we will give you a trade in credit for it towards a set of Inons so you have a matching set.

Hope that helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom