Aggressor changed boats for my upcoming trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you have been downgraded in any manner, that is not provided the services you originally purchased (contracted), then this is a breach of simple contract law. You have the right to full refund.
We just returned from Raja Ampat and were the first group that was officially moved to the "new/old" Raja Ampat II boat. There were 16 guests onboard, 11 of which were part of our dive group. We were notified of the change at 4am on the day of departure. We had MANY issues with the boat including a long list of what I consider "false advertising" as per what Aggressor has on their website and trip info package (before the boat change and now). Many in our group are demanding refunds. I sent a list of our grievences to Aggressor. They are basically saying too bad.

We did NOT receive the experience that is sold on the Aggressor website including staterooms that are not as described with many missing features. Plus many many issues with the boat (flooded stateroom, toilet issues, electrical issues, missing linens, wet towels, etc). What is your experience in dealing with this type of situation? How far do we push back?

I had a similar problem last year when my planned Aggressor trip to the Cayman Islands was eventually switched to Roatan because of covid restrictions. My wife and I had paid extra to get a room above decks on the Cayman boat. It was a nicer room for several reasons, one of which was that you could walk out and jump in the water in case of fire, as opposed to what could have happened below decks in a fire.

The Roatan boat did not have such a room. Everything was below decks. They gave us what they said was the best room on the boat, at the very bow. It was by far the worst room on the boat for several reasons, one of which was that it was constantly bouncing in even mild seas, and another of which was it was the farthest from the exit in case of a fire.

So the fact that we had paid extra to get the worst room on the boat became a joke among the passengers, and there was nothing we could do about it. In their opinion, they had given us the best room on the boat in exchange for our extra payment.
John, this too is a breach of contract. If you went to your local car dealer and purchased a Dodge Challenger and went to pick up the car a week later and they gave you a minivan, would you accept the deal? Probably not. You paid for certain services (a sales contract), those services being the Cayman Islands. You were not provided the services you paid for, and if the seller did not provide what they contracted for, breach of contract.

John, this too is a breach of contract. If you went to your local car dealer and purchased a Dodge Challenger and went to pick up the car a week later and they gave you a minivan, would you accept the deal? Probably not. You paid for certain services (a sales contract), those services being the Cayman Islands. You were not provided the services you paid for, and if the seller did not provide what they contracted for, breach of contract.
Yep.

And after fighting Aggressor for two years prior to that, I was just glad to be done with them. I learned an important lesson--I will never deal with them again. It was a lesson worth the price.

B
Yep.

And after fighting Aggressor for two years prior to that, I was just glad to be done with them. I learned an important lesson--I will never deal with them again. It was a lesson worth the price.
Based on several prior threads on how Aggressor has treated guest when unexpected changes happen, I crossed them off of my list a while ago!

kataqua (or anyone else), any update on this? Friends who are booked on Aggressor II in late April, and they are not impressed with the idea of having a steel ship crammed down on them when they chartered a main-deck master cabin on a handsome phinisi. Terrible form!

Yep.

You and others have saved me and many others a lot of money.

kataqua (or anyone else), any update on this? Friends who are booked on Aggressor II in late April, and they are not impressed with the idea of having a steel ship crammed down on them when they chartered a main-deck master cabin on a handsome phinisi. Terrible form!
I reached out to Anne - VP of reservations - and Marisa at Aggressor on Monday, March 20 (today being the 29th) and haven't received any response or acknowledgement. If I do not hear back, I plan to file a complaint with the Georgia Consumer Protection Division.

How were your friends notified of the change?

I reached out to Anne - VP of reservations - and Marisa at Aggressor on Monday, March 20 (today being the 29th) and haven't received any response or acknowledgement. If I do not hear back, I plan to file a complaint with the Georgia Consumer Protection Division.

How were your friends notified of the change?

kataqua, I had their itinerary and let them know after your post; that was the first they'd heard of it. They are very disappointed in PADI Travel, who never told them; they've since learned that Aggressor told their agents (including PT) on 21 February and 3 March that Aggressor II was out of the picture and Ocean Rover was the new Raja Ampat Aggressor. This cruise is a cog in a well-oiled, two-month Coral Triangle itinerary put together by very seasoned adventurers, so they are likely to stay with the Sea Rover. They may seek an adjustment from PADI Travel and/or Aggressor.

kataqua, I had their itinerary and let them know after your post; that was the first they'd heard of it. They are very disappointed in PADI Travel, who never told them; they've since learned that Aggressor told their agents (including PT) on 21 February and 3 March that Aggressor II was out of the picture and Ocean Rover was the new Raja Ampat Aggressor. This cruise is a cog in a well-oiled, two-month Coral Triangle itinerary put together by very seasoned adventurers, so they are likely to stay with the Sea Rover. They may seek an adjustment from PADI Travel and/or Aggressor.
Understandable. Hopefully the issues described by DiveAlberta above of their recent March 2023 trip are addressed in time for your friends' trip. Curious to know how it goes!

To be honest I am still amazed that Aggressor's are still in business given all the bad experiences that people have had over the years - and their poor responses to them. I don't understand why people keep using them. Back in the mid-90's they were a great operation but things have changed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom