air compressor filter system

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PADI OWI #8564

Registered
Reaction score
I'm on the big island and just got into air guns, I do a lot of diving over here too and I'm getting a high pressure oil-free compressor and wanted some ideas on a air filter system to run it through for tank fills. Also if someone has a suggestion on a compressor like this around $400. These little guys go up to 4500 psi, but I'm shore diving 3500 short steel tanks and I plan on only doing 1/2 tanks. If there's a better forum to use please let me know. Malalo

Attachments

• air rifle compressor small.jpg
    air rifle compressor small.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 51
None of those are appropriate for filling a scuba tank. That Vevor you posted a picture of is rated for 1.5l tanks when a standard AL80 is 7x as large at 11L. It would also take about 4hrs to fill an AL80.

You are far better off investing in a proper dive compressor like a Bauer JrII. By the time you add an adequate filter stack which will cost over $1k you're getting very close to a used Jr II

Why even bother in the first place when there are places on BI where you can get your tank filled for less than 5 bucks...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom