air fills near lake Hartwell

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've only dove Hartwell once, and it was not pleasant. Granted it was a "pay to recover" dive off of a dock, but still 1-6" vis. I did'nt think they allowed diving on the dam?

Where I have been diving has been on the riprap off the side of the dam,I need to get up there and explore some. Diving most lakes you have to search around for decent visability,you can have 2 ft in one area,then find 10 ft. or more moving to a different spot.you also have to find the sweet spot in the thermoclines. You might have 5 ft at 20 feet that opens up to 15 ft below 40 ft. I have found that the vis is better the further away from rivers and creeks you are,which is usually near the dams.

Hey Guys!

I have a customer from the area that is looking for some divers to help him search for a lost outboard motor...before you get all giddy with excitement let me explain, lol!

He lost this approximately 25 years ago! He claims to know "exactly" where it is and that it sits on a rocky bottom with no sediment to cover it up...:eyebrow:

I have tried to explain the chances of finding this motor are slim to none but he is adamant as it holds sentimental value.

Anyhow, he is set on diving for it and we would like to open this up to anyone willing to help in his search. He has expressed interest in covering air fills and maybe boat expense if I pull my tri-toon up for the dives.

If you are interested please contact me at:

Underwater Adventures
803 773 3483
www.underh2oadventures.com

Thanks-Robert

We do air fills and have since October. Aqua Camp is located 1 mile from the Shell gas station on Hwy 77 (above Lavonia Speedway). Scuba instruction, air fills, sales and service, Genesis, Akona, ScubaMax, XS, Promate, Amphibious Outfitters, Trident, and Pelican. Not the job which pays the bills, but open evenings and weekends. Call if you're in the area (706)436-4041.

Back
Top Bottom