Aircell rinsing / drying

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Never worried about getting the inside dry (or the outside for that matter). In fresh water, I dive it and if I happen to have a noticeable amound of water left in the wing, I let it empty through the inflator hose. If I'm in salt water, I unscrew the inflator, add quite a bit of tap water, close it, shake it around and dump it. Lather, rinse, repeat.

The worst think that will happen to your wing if you don't get out the fresh water is that it will start to stink. Thow some mouthwash, BC conditioner or battery acid in it and that'll take care of it.

hogluvr,

I have knighthawk, as well, you have to have a spanner wrench to easily unscrew the valve with the inflator hose attached, but I've been able to unscrew the other shoulder dump on in, you just have to be sure to screw it back on tightly, or just use the oral inflator.

Iguana Don:
I rinse mine out with Listerine then drain out the remaining. Partially inflate and hang upside down as mentioned above.

listerine is only mildly antiseptic used in a bc bladder and the alcohol will dry rubber parts out. the navy had been experimenting to find a suitable disinfectant and they came up with the following four agents:
SaniZide Plus
Advance TBE
Bi-Arrest 2
Confidence Plus

https://www.daneurope.org/eng/ad2pag7.htm

BigMike:
hogluvr,

I have knighthawk, as well, you have to have a spanner wrench to easily unscrew the valve with the inflator hose attached, but I've been able to unscrew the other shoulder dump on in, you just have to be sure to screw it back on tightly, or just use the oral inflator.

Using a spanner makes total sense, now that you mention it.
Thanks,
Larry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom