aircraft underwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Athens Scuba Park near Dallas has a sweet C-140 jetstar airliner and some crummy cessna-type thing sunk in their pond. They're shallow enough to freedive.

They also have Clint Eastwood's houseboat and Ray Price's tour bus.

WW 2 Corsair of of Oahu. Awesome dive at 110 ft. Fully intact sitting on a sand bottom. Easy 15 minute boat ride. Anyone else dove it?

theslyfox01:
I was wondering what aircraft people have dived around/inside during their time, I've always loved the idea of diving around a downed helicopter, or inside a WW2 Zero, or getting into a larger aircraft like a passenger liner and having a look around, anyone got any good stories or places to try on the subject?

:)

As far as I know there are two airplane wrecks off Oahu, the Corsair and the Twin Beech. The Corsair is a nice, easy one-time dive as it sits in about 110' on a sand bottom with fields of garden eels around it. Really well preserved. But nothing else there so I spent the rest of my time playing with the eels.

The Twin Beech is off the Wainaie coast in shallow water, can't remember the depth exactly. All I saw was a bit of wing and some engine mounts and parts. Really not worth the effort unless you also like to see animals, which I do. I imagine it moves around a bit due to water action but when I dove it there was some nice reef next to it with some nice animal action.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom