Airline snafu...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cathycalg

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My husband and I are arriving on Bonaire next weekend. We booked our flights from Calgary last April, using aeroplan points. The final leg of our journey to Bonaire..was out of Houston on the United flight that arrives early Sunday mornings. At some point after we booked, United dropped the flight. I only found out when I checked our itinerary on line and saw they had us on a United flight that arrives early Saturday morning. But none of our connecting flights were changed and neither Aeroplan or United informed us about the change. So, because I checked, I was able to arrange a new flight to get us to Houston in time to catch the redeye on Friday night. A close call!!

so, just a heads up to others...though I'm probably the only person (other than the people at Aeroplan) who didn't know about the change in United's flights.

It turned oput well though...a more direct route to Bonaire...and an extra day on the island.

Cathy:D

Hasn't the Houston redeye always been on Friday night arriving on Saturday morning?

I know there was (Is?) a red-eye out of Newark that arrived Sunday AM......not too sure about Houston.

To the OP, glad it all worked out. I have had experienced similar to this several times with WestJet to different locations. It is always a good idea to check things several times ahead of time just in case.

When we booked our tickets in April, there was a United flight arriving Sunday morning. We even upgraded our tickets for more leg room.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom