Akumal Trip in July

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

icyman

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
We have a trip planned in July on the 21st - 28th the area is amazing and we will be diving the second largest reef in the world the great Mayan reef. The water is crystal clear and you will see tons of wild life. The price for a diver from SDF or CVG is 1595 all-inclusive. All food, drinks, snacks, Airfair, transfers and scuba are included from those two airports. If you would like to join us from another city, please drop me an e-mail and I will give you the cost from your city. For more information on the itenary please goto www.kydivinghq.com and click on travel. :06:

Oh yeah, I will be going on this trip, and I have an extensive knowledge of the area.

icyman:
We have a trip planned in July on the 21st - 28th the area is amazing and we will be diving the second largest reef in the world the great Mayan reef. The water is crystal clear and you will see tons of wild life. The price for a diver from SDF or CVG is 1595 all-inclusive. All food, drinks, snacks, Airfair, transfers and scuba are included from those two airports. If you would like to join us from another city, please drop me an e-mail and I will give you the cost from your city. For more information on the itenary please goto www.kydivinghq.com and click on travel. :06:

Oh yeah, I will be going on this trip, and I have an extensive knowledge of the area.
My friend and I are going the first week of July and are staying in Kentenah just north of Akumal. Question, is the diving better to the north (Puerto Aventuras) and beyond or to the south (Akumal, Tulum...)?

It's one of my favourite dive spots!!!! Except, I go for the caves! Even if you're not cave or cavern trained, I would highly recommend a guided cavern tour. It'll take your breath away!!!! Dos Ojos or Grand Cenote would be my top two if you want a once in a lifetime experience. I'll have to admit I wasn't overly impressed with the open water diving in that area.... but the water is beautiful and lots of fishies. We stayed in the Akumal beach resort which was pretty cheap and clean. The way to go though is renting a condo..... so much cheaper and more practical if you plan on doing a lot of diving (why pay for an all inclusive if you're never there??!!!)
Have fun and dive safe!
Bzzzzzzz

I'll second that motion on the cave dives. I did Dos Ojos and although I was a little apprehensive at first, it was fantastic. Very, very surreal. A must do dive if you have ever even thought about cave diving. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

As for the ocean diving around Akumal, I wasn't that impressed. Maybe I caught it on a bad day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom