AL Titan LX Supreme easy freeflowing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaWim

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have bought an Aqualung Titan LX Supreme and tested it in the pool. I have noticed that it freeflows easily when shallow, even if I put the venturi switch in the minus position.

Is this normal for this regulator? Does it behave the same at depths below 30 ft?

Would appreciate your feedback.

I dive with the Titan LX. I did have probs with it freeflowing near the surface in a current (the current would actually push in the purge valve), but not in the pool.

but I told the LDS when I went to service it, they did something to it, and it doesn't freeflow now.

ScubaWim:
I have bought an Aqualung Titan LX Supreme and tested it in the pool. I have noticed that it freeflows easily when shallow, even if I put the venturi switch in the minus position.

Is this normal for this regulator? Does it behave the same at depths below 30 ft?

Would appreciate your feedback.

It's tuned too loosely. For some strange reason a lot of the new ones have this problem right out of the factory.... Take it back to where you bought it and they'll tune it.

What they will proabably do to fix this problem is remove the regulator from the LP hose where the hose attaches. They'll then take a tool (you can use a screwdriver) and turn the notched screw on the top of the poppet assembly about 1/4 turn tighter. How tight is tight enough? Just tight enough that when the cracking adjuster is all the way open (counter-clockwise) that you hear a very faint hiss. In any other position it shouldn't hiss. Now that you've done that if you start getting a little bubbling because of current or whatever, you can use the cracking adjuster to make it stop.... make sense?

Of course you could do this yourself and save a trip to the LDS if you're comfortable with that sort of thing. If you're not then at least get someone to show you first.

R..

it's a shame that the LDS didn't check the tune before it left the shop. the tuning is actually done with a speciality tool that hooks up between reg and hose that will allow the tech to adjust the crown under pressure which is the most important aspect of this tuning.

you can tell how well tuned your second stage is by using a bucket of water and then slowly lowering the reg <while under pressure> in, with the mouth piece up...it should start to freeflow at about 1" submerged.

Alan

it only starts freeflowing when I dip it in the water quite fast with the mouthpiece upwards, if I lower it gently no freeflow occurs

ScubaWim:
it only starts freeflowing when I dip it in the water quite fast with the mouthpiece upwards, if I lower it gently no freeflow occurs

It's supposed to freeflow if you do that. Does it freeflow when you have it in your mouth?

R..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom