• AL63 Doubles

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Al80 Doubles

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Not worth it, period.

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From where? Every where I've looked it's $350 for bands and a manifold.

I got mine for about $175, and with the current side mount popularity, used bands/manifolds are everywhere. Yours are 7.25" tanks, the most common size. Spending $500 on a pair of steel doubles when you already have the tanks you want is nuts.

AL63s would probably make very enjoyable small doubles, but they're also nice single tanks for shorter/shallower dives. From a trim perspective, you couldn't get much more different between a long single tank (HP120, assuming yours is one of the modern special permit tanks) and a pair of short doubles.

I got here late.

However, in my opinion,
If you are diving a dry suit, go for it.
If you are a wetsuit diver, perhaps it is more effort than you will really want.
Hunt around for a while, and you WILL find the bands, wing, hardware, and manifold cheap.
Ebay, various SCUBA gear pages on Facebook, marine flea markets, and word of mouth.

Or if you are impatient, have the buck$, and just want to have some fun, do as rhwestfall said and buy the parts of the rig.
You will be able to sell that set for about what you paid for it when you are through playing with that gear.

Chug
Thinks that aluminum is really only suitable for use when wrapped around beer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom