Alabama Diving Club

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

George,

The amazing thing is that there is a parking lot full of cars from Georgia on the weekends. B'ham (Pelham) actually can lay claim to at least one thing that Atlanta doesn't have.

Yell at me when it warms up a bit. I'll be ready to go.

Beck

I'm going to have to buy the rest of my gear before I do anything, haha.. I keep putting it off because of winter, but I know when it warms up, I will be hurting. :)

hello everyone-for those who are not familiar with blue water- it is a great place to renew your love for water in the springtime after a long winter and cold water. everyone associated with the facilities are friendly and ready to accomidate. if you are looking for warm southern hospitality, go to blue water in pelham-you won't be disappointed.

undefined
George_ORH:
cdsbua 2: I got my OW at the quarry in Madison county....

Goose: Where is blue water?

Sorry for the delayed response guys, I'm not on the scuba board everyday and for some reason it's not emailing me and letting me know that I have a response to answer.

blue water is about five minutes south of b'ham. it's a great quarry but not great on vis. apparently loads of people love to come here - lots of georgia and tennessee tags here.

divebomb:
George,

The amazing thing is that there is a parking lot full of cars from Georgia on the weekends. B'ham (Pelham) actually can lay claim to at least one thing that Atlanta doesn't have.

Yell at me when it warms up a bit. I'll be ready to go.

Beck
hi bec i'm amazed at the out of town tags i've seen here. i am also ready for warm weather.
c.c.

April is probably the earliest you want to dive blue water without a dry suit... Anyway, I am very serious about putting a "club" together... This would be a great way to meet new people, put together affordable group trips! I have a few ideas and if anyone is interested, please private message me!

Tommygun53:
That sounds a lot better than ICE diving! Wow I never would have expected 30 ft,thats as good as some of the quarrys we have up here . Someone told me that Blue water adventures was closed for the winter up until the end of march,I think thats the name of it,Ive never been there myself though.

-Tom
Actually ABWA is open right now, but for Saturdays only through February. (http://www.divealabama.com/) Starting March, they will be open Saturday and Sunday. There is a DUI dry suit demo day scheduled in late March, you can get the dates from http://www.dui-online.com/

You may be thinking of the Diveland quarry near Gadsden, which is closed until April.

Take care,
BD

I live about 12 miles south of Geneva AL, in FLorida, about 6 miles from Vortex springs and 20 from Morrison.

I have been trying to get some people in the area together to form a club. I am thinking of taking the boat up river to Cypress springs next week.

My wife and I will be getting remarried in Alexander springs some time next month.

Anyone interested, drop me a line,

I am a SDI instructor, inactive.

Kriss,

Hopefully we're going to get a club going soon. Met with another diver who is interested last week. So I'll keep you posted.

As for Vortex, myself and several others are wanting to make a couple of trips there when it gets warmer. I'll let you know when we're coming.

Beck

I live about 12 miles south of Geneva AL, in FLorida, about 6 miles from Vortex springs and 20 from Morrison.

I have been trying to get some people in the area together to form a club. I am thinking of taking the boat up river to Cypress springs next week.

My wife and I will be getting remarried in Alexander springs some time next month.

Anyone interested, drop me a line,

I am a SDI instructor, inactive.[/QUOTE]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom