Alabama Diving Club

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Krisscuba:
I live about 12 miles south of Geneva AL, in FLorida, about 6 miles from Vortex springs and 20 from Morrison.

I have been trying to get some people in the area together to form a club. I am thinking of taking the boat up river to Cypress springs next week.

My wife and I will be getting remarried in Alexander springs some time next month.

Anyone interested, drop me a line,

I am a SDI instructor, inactive.
Definitely interested in Cypress later this spring. We'll be down at Vortex the 6-7 March weekend, but after that... anyway, let's set something up for later in March or April.
Rick

Beck, the weather was 75 - 80 Degrees down here yesterday, t-shirt, shorts and sandel weather. Vortex was crowded with Florida State students doing check outs. I had five tanks filled there yesterday, did not dive, may hit cypress in the morning. How about coming down on the 6 -7 th March?

Rick, I have March 6 -7 th on the calander. Where are your diver staying? Perhaps we can set up a VCR with some old Sea Hunt episodes?

The tides are bad that weekend for anyone thinking of hitting the PCB jetties on that weekend.

Rick,.. how did you upload a custom Avatar?

Anyone know of anyone that can perform a under water wedding?

Tommygun53:
I used to live in montgomery,but have since moved to michigan. Just out of curiosity ,where are the dive shops in the montgomery area? Is there any decent diving in lake jordan/martin area? I will be in town soon and just wanted to check some stuff out... Thanks,Tom

Tom,
I only know of one dive shop in Montgomery. It is just off on Zelda/Ann St. I just got back from Vortex Springs on Saturday. I'm interested in diving lake martin or lake jordan. So please email me if you find any good spots while you're in town. I will try to keep you posted

I just got back from Vortex as well. Yesterday was VERY crowded. The water was a perfect 69 degrees. I am just getting back into diving and need a little information on the springs. Cypress and Morrison have always been my favorite but can you still dive at cypress? Someone told me that it closed. Please let me know.

Though this is an old thread, it made me curious if there as a Birmingham Scuba Club.

I found this. Have no clue how up to date any of it is. -mike

1.) http://www.birminghamreefseekers.com/

2.) Birmingham Scuba Association
Tag: BSA
Date: 971015
Club Name: Birmingham Scuba Association
Building: Jim n' Nicks - Homewood
Street: on Oxmoor Road
City: Homewood
Meeting Schedule: Every third Tuesday of the month 7:00pm
Membership Fee: $20
Phone: none
Email: bhmscuba@scott.net

tstratas:
Cypress and Morrison have always been my favorite but can you still dive at cypress? Someone told me that it closed. Please let me know.

Word on the grapevine is that Morrison had 60-70' of visibility Saturday and 100+' of vis Friday with a ton of flow pumping out of the cavern. Hope you made the small journey down to it while you were at Vortex.

Cypress is closed to diving off the property surrounding it, but you can still canoe to the spring. John boats and small Zodiacs work as well. We hit up Cypress alot earlier this year this way. Vortex rents canoes if you need em.

divebomb:
Hello from B'ham. I was curious to know if there are any local diving clubs in the area that plan trips, party, dive, etc.

Thanks, Beck
A few years ago The Dive Spot was talking of starting one up. You might give them a call and see if it's still going.

And in Huntsville there's SEAS (http://www.seasscuba.org/) but that's a bit of a drive from B'ham.
Luke
P.S. Doh! Didn't realize how old this thread was when I replied.

Back
Top Bottom