Alabama here I come....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife,myself, and one other friend will be in Gulf Shores July 9th-15th. We are planning on doing 2 or 3 days of boat diving with Down Under Dive Shop. Any dive site recommendations for easy wreck dives. All three of us are wanting to do 2 or 3 wreck dives to complete our wreck diving certs (SSI).

Jeff88:
My wife,myself, and one other friend will be in Gulf Shores July 9th-15th. We are planning on doing 2 or 3 days of boat diving with Down Under Dive Shop. Any dive site recommendations for easy wreck dives. All three of us are wanting to do 2 or 3 wreck dives to complete our wreck diving certs (SSI).

Where is Independence Kentucky? North ,South, East, or West Kentucky?

quarrydiver68:
Where is Independence Kentucky? North ,South, East, or West Kentucky?

North...only about 10 miles south of Cincinnati,OH

quarrydiver68:
What would be some good shore dives to try?

Alabama Point Jetties(check the tides) and the Whiskey Wreck are the most common sites. We had a tropical storm in the gulf two weeks ago and some surf earlier this week, dunno what the water is looking like at the moment...

Jeff88:

Which trip are you going out to? 4 hours? 6 hours? There is a barge and a dredge inshore, lots of bridge rubble too. If you go with the longer trip, you have alot of options, especially if you don't mind easy wreck dives in deepish water(~100'ish).

Welcome to Dixie! Be prepared...it's hot down here! I think someone found and opened up the vent to hell.:D

Dove the Pass (Perdido Pass) Yesterday and Today with some Students, vis at high tide is running around 20' + on the east side of the bridge and around the Caribe Dock.
Great Dives

Jeff88:
The Allen Liberty Ship is usually pretty cool if I recall right it is in about 85 fsw or so. Make sure to take a camera you will more than likely see some Snappers a few grouper and some AJ’s better yet leave the camera on board and take the spear gun tasty tasty of course Jeremy may have a cow about spearing with students

Three mile Barge makes for a decent night dive.

We have planes and tanks, bridge rubble, gas rigs, wrecks and not to mention chicken coups

If I may make a suggestion don’t book all your dives in one place spread it out some there are two dive shops along the beach local and a few miles to the east is a whole new world of diving with plenty more to see (Pensacola Florida) I would like to say I don’t have no connection to any of them

I would also like to add if you have some spare time you need to check out a spring dive. If you’re a fisherman the size of the bass will amaze you. The reason I know this is I was raise about a 120 miles southeast of you Jackson county Ohio I gave up the white snow for white sand many years ago

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom