Alabama Point Seawall 1-1-8 Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow!! Hats off to you guys and gal!! I really would like to get in on more of these dives like this. It is just hard for those of us that live so far away to drive that far for one dive. That 6 hour round trip is no fun timewise or gas costs. I sure am missing the water though.
I haven't been in the water with my new transpac and all my winter wetsuit layers so I am a bit concerned about how much weight to use also. I know I was overweighted all summer. But I had so much trouble with the bc I had when I first started diving and it not dumping the air and I would wind up bobbing on the surface in not so great sea conditions trying to fight my way down that I just started using too much weight to over compensate. That is definitely something I want to work on for the New Year. That and getting in the water more.
Nice trip report!!

yeah i`m kinda glad i`m not in there to day.......have to dodge the ice cubes...Brrrrrr!!!!

Since we only dove the seawall this time is there anybody interested in trying to get out and dive the rock jetty here in the near future? I would like to get the full picture of what Alabama Point is all about. I was thinking towards the later part of January.

I also had the fun weight problem and then it was cmufieldhockey to the rescue. I would like to do the point again but this time with a little more than the 3mil it would be nice to have a little more.

Yeah hats off to Jim for braving the temps in a 3 mm!

Since we only dove the seawall this time is there anybody interested in trying to get out and dive the rock jetty here in the near future? I would like to get the full picture of what Alabama Point is all about. I was thinking towards the later part of January.

Interested? Sure

Let's see what's going on with ScubaGirlBlues on the 25-28, maybe I'll be in the area.

Here in the near future the repair on the jetties on the florida side of the pass will be complete......That will probably end up being a pretty good dive spot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom