Aladin Air X Users Needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Junbug1970

Registered
Reaction score
Hello All,

I just acquired hoseless Aladin Air X (not Nitrox), but i do not have the user manual. I was told that it operates the same way as the new Aladin Air on Uwatec website. However i need to know how to pair up the transmitter to the computer itself.

If Anyone can help me out, would be greatly appreciated.

I'm aware that Aladin Air X is no longer serviceable when the battery is dead. I called Uwatec and thats what they told me and they will upgrade me to the newer Air Z.

I'm not ready to spend a whole lot of money at this point and since i got this for free i would like to use it somewhat and see if i like it to upgrade to the new Air Z.

I was also told that the Air X is Oil filled and in order to have the battery replaced it needs to be in oil bath.

No one will do this except Uwatec?

Kinda absurd if you ask me. lol

Anyway, If anyone could possibly tell me how to pair up the transmitter would greatly appreciated.

The battery life i have now is 51%

thanks a bunch

Junus

The Uwatec is a good computer and if it works, there is no reason to upgrade as long as it does.
I don't see a problem with these computers if you can't replace the battery yourself because as far as I know, they do it for free now. The batteries last for ages (I still have 70% after more than 120 dives) and I feel more comfortable knowing that I don't have to open the computer myself and risk a water damage.

Now to the pairing:
1. The transmitter should be connected to the first stage that should be connected to a tank that has some pressure on it. Check it by opening the valve and looking at the SPG. Shut the valve, purge the reg and wait for 15 seconds.
2. Switch the computer on by wetting your fingers and touching the most right button of the 3 on top of the screen AND AT THE SAME TIME the button that is located near the lower right corner of the screen THAN you move the computer so the plastic part of the transmitter touches the LEFT side of the computer. TRANSMITTER AND COMPUETR MUST BE IN PHYSICAL CONTACT THE ENTIRE PAIRING PROCEDURE!!!!!!!!
3. Open the tank valve and you should see a flashing <PAIr> in the position where the tank data should be displayed (In the smaller window!!!!)
4. In order to confirm the pairing BOTH BUTTONS YOU PRESSED BEFORE HAVE TO BE BRIDGED AGAIN WITHIN 5 SECONDS. A bleep confirms the pairing and the <PAIr> display stops flashing. THE COMPUTER AND TRANSMITTER MUST REMAIN IN PHISICAL CONTACT UNTIL THE CONFIRMATION IS DONE.
5. The tank pressure is displayed after about 10 seconds. You are done!!!
6. In case the pairing didn't work the display <FAIL> will appear.
In that case, purge the reg completely and repeat the entire procedure. It is possible only after waiting at least 15 seconds.
7. If the display <PAIr> doesn't appear. The battery in the transmitter may be dead.

Hope I could help you. Let us know how it worked and whether you have any other questions.

Hey Thanks for the info,

I got the unit to pair up perfectly with no hesitant. I have battery life of 51%.

How much does 51% lasts?

Thanks

Junus

P.S. If you ever find out how to replace the battery or know of any LDS that will replace them, please let me know.

thanks

Junbug1970:
Hey Thanks for the info,

I got the unit to pair up perfectly with no hesitant. I have battery life of 51%.

How much does 51% lasts?

Thanks

Junus

P.S. If you ever find out how to replace the battery or know of any LDS that will replace them, please let me know.

thanks
Glad I could help.
Not a clue how long 51% will last but since it was free............. :wink: enjoy
Nobody will replace the battery except the factory, which they said they will not do anymore for the AirX. They will upgrade it to the newer AirZ for a very reasonable amount, which is maybe only a little bit more than a regular, non AI computer.

According to Scubapro they told me that 51% should last another seven years since they say that I have 50% battery life left on the computer. But I was told too that this number is not representative of the life of the battery on the watch. So now you are as confused as I am.

As for the battery replacement I think that Uwatec/Scubapro has taken an irresponsible position by saying that we need to buy a new console becuase they cannot change the battery anymore. They did say that an upgrade was available for $400 which is nice but after spending $1600 on the console all I need is a new battery. The tech at Scuba pro(I believe it was Wayne) had the nerve to tell me that why complain if I get 10 years out of it with one battery I should be happy.

Now check out this web site:

http://www.undercurrent.org/UCnow/articles/Aladin200304.shtml

I am almost willing to try to take it apart and try myself rather than send the unit back. Imagine how many people will be grateful. Or we can make a big enough stink that they will give us new consoles, after all it wasn't our fault that they cannot change the batteries.

I talked to the same guy Wayne in tech support and he told me the same thing that it still have plenty of life left being at 51% and when it reaches about 10% to call back and send them in.

So i left it as that. As far as the recall, it only applies to the Air X NITROX versions.
I only have the AIR version only.

If you intend to take it apart yourself, please let me know the result. But i was told it needs to be in oil bath and then taken apart (What ever that means)

I think all of these companies should be sued or at least responsible for making high priced gadgets unrepairable with in reasons. Especially battery changes.

But of course they could replace the batteries :wink: They are trying to sell us new computers and keep us in this way customers of Uwatec, which sucks and will backfire

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom