Alexander Springs Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

427Dave

Contributor
Reaction score
The Villages, FL, and Northern Wisconsin (4 months
# of dives
200 - 499
We are planning to do a little equipment checking and diving at Alexander Springs February 21st. We will arrive around 10:00am Anyone wishing to join is welcome?

Where is this? I have never heard of it......

Ah I would but I had classes on Wednesday. Free on tuesdays and thursdays though if your up for doing it again another time.

It is a decent dive? How far from the tampa area? I am looking at doing some spring dives soon....I want to hit the Blue Grotto again, its been a while.

EDIT:

I just seen that it is the Ocala area....

It's a nice dive. Perfectly clear water, shallow depth (20') and good facilities.

Going to try to hit Blue Grotto or Ginnie next Saturday

stangd1909:
It is a decent dive? How far from the tampa area? I am looking at doing some spring dives soon....I want to hit the Blue Grotto again, its been a while.

EDIT:

I just seen that it is the Ocala area....

Come join us, It is east of the Ocala Forest off highway 42. About 40 miles east of Ocala. I have never dove it, but the guys here say it is good. We want to check out a bunch of gear.

Cheekymonkey:
Ah I would but I had classes on Wednesday. Free on tuesdays and thursdays though if your up for doing it again another time.
We will have to try a Tuesday in the future. Thursday I play music in the morning at a pool for the folks and golf the afternoon. Did you go on Feb 13 to Alexander?

Attachments

• rock_band.gif
    rock_band.gif
    4.3 KB · Views: 103
Alexander is a great place to test new equipment, but be aware the the sand there is a very coarse ground limestone that gets into everything. I am still finding sand from a dive last winter. My instructor gave me a good tip- to use a nylon stocking to cover your second stage to keep the sand out. It works and without it your second will be full of sand after the dive. Not to mention your hair, bc pockets etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom