All gear stolen in Milwakee and I feel like quitting diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In addition to hitting the Milwaukee area & Chicago dive shops (be sure to offer some sort of REWARD) you may want to run down to the 7-mile fair, lots of stuff shows up down there.
Go to ebay & set the search function to get emailed when similar items get listed.
When you get some new stuff engrave the last 4 digits of your social security number somewhere on them, also do the video thing, it helps tremendously for both insurance & police work.
Perhaps some kind shop owner will let you replace goodies at a superb discount, doesn't hurt to ask.

Is to personally hit all the local pawn shops with both the serial number list and any photos you may have showing the gear. Lowlifes will often try and turn the stuff before the ink on the police report is dry.

BTW the FIRST thing to buy on your next gear set is renter's insurance! Generally it's a better deal than just dive gear insurance as it covers a lot more for about the same $s.

FT

Maybe we need to band together and form a group of 'bounty hunters' that specialize in tracking down dive equipment thieves and punish them accordingly.

Eye for an eye, eye say!

For all those interested please respond and we'll hold our first meeting ASAP!

Thats right, there is no justice like angry mob justice!

I feel for you. I know when I moved into my apartment after getting married in June my wife and I made sure that our renter's policy would cover our dive gear and ski gear (especially the skis since there is a serious problem with ski theft in this area)

diverjed once bubbled...
Maybe we need to band together and form a group of 'bounty hunters' that specialize in tracking down dive equipment thieves and punish them accordingly.

Eye for an eye, eye say!

For all those interested please respond and we'll hold our first meeting ASAP!

Count me in! :wink: Track them and :maniac:
Today, I checked a couple of renter's insurances and I'm going to get one, even though I don't have any gear left at the moment, I hope to have it some day again :)

khel

khel once bubbled...

Count me in! :wink: Track them and :maniac:
Today, I checked a couple of renter's insurances and I'm going to get one, even though I don't have any gear left at the moment, I hope to have it some day again :)

khel

You are on the list and will be contacted shortly. Thanks for the interest.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom