All you jellyfish freaks-here's a video! +

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by ScubaBaby
DD

.... the hairs on the back on my neck are less the a foot proud....thanks for the video!

Scubababy, in all my years of going to Old Blighty and with all the Brit pals I have, I have never heard them use "proud" the way you did. Did you know that is an American carpentry term also? When you make something "proud", you are making it so it is higher than the surface or, in simple terms, it sticks up!

Joewr..."tinkle", "proud", ghostly white toast...you learn all sorts of things on this Board...

Scubababy,

Glad you liked the video. By the way, freshwaters jellies don't sting (or so I'm told). That's one of my deep dark secrets-I hate jellyfish. But these didn't bother me.

When I was snorkeling in Puerto Rico (before me scuba days), we jumped off the boats into a school of jellies. I couldn't get out of the water fast enough. I was sitting on the front of the boat catching some rays, and all of a sudden a jelly fish lands on my chest! I just about had a heart attack. My friends (who stayed in the water snorkeling) had found a dead one, picked it up and heaved it at me. Nice friends, huh?

If you and Belushi are in the area in September, I'll take you where they are. We won't have Joewr there though. He's a member of the WDA, a division of CAD.

Originally posted by detroit diver
We won't have Joewr there though. He's a member of the WDA, a division of CAD.

D-D,

Belushi is on our Board! So, the video audience is growing! WDA? Wussie Diving Association? Help me D-D...it has been a long week!

By the way, that is the reason I always wear a full wet suit---coming up through a 5' thick band of the little beauties in a shorty cured me of the "romance" of a shorty wet suit... I smelled like a tossed salad by the time all the vinegar had been sprayed on.

Joewr...and I really would have preferred blue cheese...

Joewr,

WDA-you got it right! You're amazing, even on a Friday evening!!

I love Bleu Cheese, but not on you....

Well, D-D,

Who buys his salad dressing at the grocery store (hint; his handle starts, "Jo....") and who makes his from scratch, eats at fine restaurants or lives close to Quebec?

You shame me, D-D! Friday or not!

Joewr...off to the movies...a nice little French cine with subtitles...but at least I will know what "bleu" means!

Mon deux, Monseur Joewr. Have a nice cine! Make sure you have your glasses for the subtitles....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom