Alligator grabs attention of diver!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ghostdiver1957:
Haven't you ever said or heard anyone else say that something "grabbed them?" and by this they meant something they read or saw or heard. This means it grabbed their attention... much as the Alligator did here. It is not wrong to use the word "grabbed" in this context.
Aha! Obviously your original title caused misunderstanding as to what you meant. I have changed the title again from "Alligator almost grabs diver" to better reflect what you originally meant. I hope that's better now! eyebrow

Kim:
Aha! Obviously your original title caused misunderstanding as to what you meant. I have changed the title again from "Alligator almost grabs diver" to better reflect what you originally meant. I hope that's better now! eyebrow
:cheering:​

Or maybe diver grabs attention of gator...? :wink:

Oh, I am sorry Ghostdiver that there was a missunderstanding, you obviously did not intend to misslead anyone with the original title of the thread did you ... did you ? ... yeah , thats what I thought ... don't go all indignant when called out for it, the mods here do a great job

Diving with alligators ... havn't, don't think I want to ether

catherine96821:
We used to see alligators in Crystal River Florida when we were kids. We would dive there in the springs. The alligators scared me but my dad made us get in and dive anyway. He always insisted that only crocodiles go after people. (he makes things up though.) I wonder if they are still there....
Yes, They are.
And about every other year or so
they make you dad look bad when
they taste-test a human.
We must taste like chicken or something.

cool but I haven't seen my first shark yet. Let me get youst to thet first. Then I well get to the gators.

Just reading the rules for Brazos Bend State Park

>> Keep pets on leash no longer than 6 feet. Do not throw objects in the water for your dog to retrieve. :11:
>> If a gator goes after a fish you caught, cut the line and let him have it. :lol2:
>> Do not swim or wade.
>> If a gator hisses, you have come too close. Retreat slowly, no sudden movements, keep an eye on the gator. :blush:

It's amazing that they need to post these suggestions, but then people are people.....

I liked the original thread title better... we need some exciting posts around here instead of the same ole same ole...

ghostdiver1957:
What is wrong is that our educational system continues to fail to teach proper use of the english language vernacular.

Another brilliant assessment of our educational system from an obvious authority.

Quote:"edited by liberals"

Oh, and a keen political analyst too!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom