Almost OW certified...Lake Travis, TX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guru - ok, well, I would do swim throughs if it was very open. I would not want to go beyond my basic training. Maybe someday but not when I am brand new. I want to stay 60 ft and above until I get experience. My husband and oldest daughter are interested in wreck and cave diving. Aren't you supposed to get Advanced Certification for that?

Chrpai - wow, you must really be into diving since you have joined several groups. That's great! You don't use a wetsuit in the lake right now? We wore 2mm full suits for our lake dives with instructor. It gets cold at 40 plus feet but yes, viz is mucho better! It sure is hot as anything at the surface! I would've liked to be underwater today with a heat index of 110! Yuck!

$200 for the Clipper is a bit high. In Abaco, a 2 tank dive with weights is $120!

That's a really nice offer to lend me equipment. Are you possibly diving Fri or SAt? I would love to get in one more dive before we leave next Wed.

I put about 120 dives a year in locally. This time of year I'm good down to 40' wearing just swim trunks. If I'm going deeper I'll put a 5/3 hooded vest and 3/2 full suit. I do a lot of treasure hunting at Starnes Island and you can find a lot of stuff between 15'-25'.

You're catching me at a bad time. I'm going on vacation soon and too busy at work to go diving this week. Catch me in a couple weeks and I'll be free.

Yes, my dive instructor said she has found many pairs of sunglasses and other treasures at Starnes. I would only want to dive there on a weekday unless I was doing Lake Cleanup in Sept.

Ok. I'll give ya a holler when I get back from my vacay. Have fun on yours! Where are you going?

For the Clipper, I would recommend you get your AOW first so you can go below 60'

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom