Altama OTB mid cut boot sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ORsolodiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My old DUI rockboots have finally bit the dust. Since it is critical that I look tacticool at all times (especially underwater) I thought I would give the Altama Maritime Assault boots a go. The question is on the sizing.... I wear a size 10 street shoe and the same in the DUI rockboots (normal width). How much bigger should I go up in size for use with a drysuit with neoprene socks? Should I go to a wide size as well? I use Hollis F1 and Deep6 Eddy fins XL for reference. Any help appreciated!

I have altamas mids in a 9 wide that I wear wet with 2mm socks, and I wear an 11 wide with my Seaskin Nova with neoprene socks when diving dry. I jumped 2 sizes. My wife is the same, up 2 sizes from regular. Regular width may be slightly different...

I'm up about 1.5 sizes using mid-weight wool socks and liners plus the membrane fabric of my AL Fusion socks. I can add a 3mm neoprene over sock - it gets snuggish, but not uncomfortable.

I wear size 10 shoes. I would go up 1/2 or even 1 size up. and wide
I find the size 10 to snug.
But try before you buy or but where you can return for free.

I wear an 11W and I ordered 11w, they fit perfect with thin neoprene socks. I would go up a couple sizes to fit undergarments and an attached sock

Where would be the least expensive place to get these?:)

Also, where do you get them in person? I've never seen them in person.

Where would be the least expensive place to get these?:)

Also, where do you get them in person? I've never seen them in person.
I have orderd them twice from LA Police Gear (Altama Boots - OTB & Combat | LA Police Gear). They run a 20% of Altama every few months, but they ARE difficult to deal with. Both orders: I placed it; they cancelled it as out of stock/delayed; I reached out and told them - "I don't care, I want it"; the order shipped in a handful of days.

From me. I've got some 13s for you.

Yeah but maybe I don't like pink😳

It's really dependent on what the sock is. I use a Santi neoprene sock (it's fairly thick) over wool mountaineering socks, and I had to go up to a 14eee, and my normal street shoe is an 11w. Previous boots were a EVO4s, and the Altama's rock. After about 50 dives, there's no appreciable wear, they go on/off much easier than EVOs, and they fit Deep6 Eddy's XL just fine. I ended up going through Original Footwear on-line and they were decent to deal with when going up a size.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom