Am I foolish to dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess I left out one important part. Am I safe to fly? I drive a rather hilly route to and from work, and I do know I can equalize my ears. I've had no ear pain or pressure over the last three months. I can even test with a VERY carefully performed Valsalva or Frenzel to ensure that I can clear easily. The ENT I saw a week ago cleared me to fly, but keep in mind he also said I can dive. That said, I'd like some more input/advice.

I fly out in 18 hours, so time is of the essence. My thoughts were to load up on antihistamines and pick up a pair of Ear Planes (ear plugs). Either way, should I be OK? Any other advice?

Marineman,

This one can't be safely answered over the internet. For flying, I would go by what you have been told by your ENT physician(s). If you still aren't sure, a call do Dr. Pilati's office may be in order.

Best,
DDM

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom