amazing squid dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had my first "swimming" squid encounter a couple of weeks ago, off of Key Largo. It was really amazing to see how they move. I was totally shocked when we came up on them in the shallows of a reef, I mean it was the middle of the afternoon and you just don't expect to see them at that time.

They were very cool to watch.

Congratulations on your find.

yup... my first squid sighting was snorkeling with my wife. i looked at them,
and i thought... darn... those fish swim funny... then it hit me... those are not
fish, those are squid! (in Bonaire, i think it was at 1,000 steps)

so my wife bumps my arms and we stick our heads out of the water

those fish really swim funny, she says

those are not fish, those are squid!! i told her ... heehehe... i fessed up later

Spoon:
nice pics paul, i am yet to see any squids, hoping to have your luck sometime:) btw does it say 402 am in your time ?

Yeah. My buddy just got his camera. He doesnt even know how to set the time yet. Or maybe he doesnt care.

partridge:
Yeah. My buddy just got his camera. He doesnt even know how to set the time yet. Or maybe he doesnt care.

thats what i figured:) hehe hope i see squid in the ocean for a change instead of on the hotplate

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom