Ambergris Caye - My First Manta!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jlevine

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Today, Friday, August 13, 2010, I saw my first manta ray! I believe the name of the site was Mosquito Coast. We entered the water and were greeted by two nurse sharks. A few minutes later we saw a spotted eagle ray and then, out of the blue, we see a manta! We watched it for a few minutes until it swam away and then it came back for a few more minutes. Totally awesome! What a great gift for a dive vacation. Unfortunately, I didn't have a camera on that dive. That made my vacation! Totally awesome!:D

:thumb: You're one up on me. I've seen them from the boat. Hope one day I'll see one on scuba. Who said the Fri-13th was unlucky?

Fantastic

Mantas are so graceful I remember my first one so know exactly how you feel lets hope its one of many more to come.

Gaz

Hey Gaz, are Mantas seasonal like Whale Sharks are in Belize? I only ask because as you may know by now I'll be there in December.

Congrats! I saw my first one in Key Largo last December and it was amazing. It did the same thing as the one you saw, came along after and Eagle Ray, stuck around for a few seconds, and came back later during the dive (or there were 2).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom