Amelia Island dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CO_SKI_MANIAC

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
So apparently not alot of people dive the are because threads are thin. Hopefully someone can tell me a little more of the area for diving. I have read that shore dives are pretty much out of the question due to viz from the river...

Best time of year for diving?
Local dive shop names?
Conditions like temp, Currents? etc?

thank you in advance!

OK I'll be watching.
When I think of Amelia Island I think of GOLF!
I am thinking there would be the need to drive to JAX for diving, and then a 20 plus mile run east for spearfishing.
Chug
Thinks golf mostly sucks out loud and also in silence.
:popcorn:

As mentioned shore dives are not possible due to limited vis. Best time of the year for diving is summer to late fall. All dives are offshore runs with a minimum of 6-20 miles. Average vis is 20-30 ft w/average current if at all. At times there are days were vis can be in excess of 50 ft. There is only one dive shop on the island which is small and somewhat limited Scuba Station Fernandina Beach Florida (Cathy) which coordinates local trips with another dive shop just north of us Diver’s Den Georgia|Full-Service Dive Shop, PADI Certification, Local Charters or if in the area contact me and I will happy to take you out as meeting new divers is always a pleasure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom