American Airlines Monopoly on Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I often get great FF award travel on AA to Cozumel. I book 328 days in advance (330 days is the max and flight prices usually drop a few days after they open dates). Last year we snagged one way for 12k from Wichita the week after Thanksgiving.
Flexibility and advanced planning is key.
I agree that advance planning is key (and a little OCD don't hurt). I've been avoiding awards for CZM due to high taxes ($136/pp) compared to Bonaire or Roatan ($79 pp) so we purchased tix on AA to CZM from Chicago for $394/pp and I saved the miles for Bonaire since those flights are more expensive (and surprisingly, we found better redemptions at 20k/pp). Every once in awhile, BON, RTB, and PLS can be had at 20k/pp or less on AA but I can't detect the pattern of when they're released. I also saw CZM award for less than 15k this year but the connections weren't ideal. AA awards have worked great for us for the Caribbean over the years.

Saw this on FB just now, unconfirmed but i guess we could try booking DFW to CZM in Sept to find out

Nice job AA continuing the monopoly

1714058053849.png

Not all of them, but as I said it's water through the channel; it was many years ago. I have said all I will about this; I am not letting myself get sucked any farther into this stupid argument.

There’s absolutely no way that you will leave this argument alone. Your previous posts speak to that clearly. Unless you have the last word, you will debate ad infinitum. 😉

There’s absolutely no way that you will leave this argument alone. Your previous posts speak to that clearly. Unless you have the last word, you will debate ad infinitum. 😉
<insert last word> :D

Just read that Southwest is abandoning CZM and a few other airports as a cost-cutting measure.

Just read that Southwest is abandoning CZM and three other airports as a cost-cutting measure.
There's a seperate thread for that:

There's a seperate thread for that:
Thank you. I see that now.

Back
Top Bottom