American Airlines Monopoly on Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In light of being recently made aware of my flight cancellation by tursiops(thanks again) and NOT being notified by Delta, can someone answer one question? If I rent a car at Cancun airport, can I take it on the Cozumel ferry and does anyone know how much it costs?
Don't trust the schedules too much. Best to just get there and wait. This year we got on earlier than planned because there were ferries going that were not on the schedule.

Yes you can take your rental car out there.

Watch the weather and get there early on the way back. Sometimes they don't run.

Catching the car ferry seems an easy to avoid way to ruin a trip. If you take a rental over to the island, you must take it back regardless of weather. I have escaped the island in front of a storm before; have you?
Another option is to fly direct to cancun and take a short flight to Coz.
So many start-ups have tried that, greatly disappointed travelers, and failed. There must be a betting pool on how long this one lasts. It's too easy to take the bus and boat and not land at another airport with another chance to lose your bag.
All non-stop flights are direct, but not all direct flights are non-stop.
That part is true.
My comment was that you cannot tell if a flight is direct or non-stop simply because it has one flight number
By industry definition, it is direct if it has one flight number as that's what they count. It doesn't matter if it goes by way of Nigeria.
Terms get used in different ways for different purposes
Incorrectly perhaps. It works best if you use the correct terms. Let's try again. Read this...

Catching the car ferry seems an easy to avoid way to ruin a trip. If you take a rental over to the island, you must take it back regardless of weather. I have escaped the island in front of a storm before; have you?

So many start-ups have tried that, greatly disappointed travelers, and failed. There must be a betting pool on how long this one lasts. It's too easy to take the bus and boat and not land at another airport with another chance to lose your bag.

That part is true.

By industry definition, it is direct if it has one flight number as that's what they count. It doesn't matter if it goes by way of Nigeria.

Incorrectly perhaps. It works best if you use the correct terms. Let's try again. Read this...
LOL. You can find anything you want to quote somewhere on the internet. That does not make it true.

LOL. You can find anything you want to quote somewhere on the internet. That does not make it true.
I googled "what do airlines call a direct flight" and got over 20 listings with the same explanation. No one can make you use the correct airline term to prevent confusion so some people will wonder why they have extra landings on a direct flight. Here are a few...

An illustration of a San Francisco to Singapore "non-stop" flight (green) versus a "direct" flight (purple)
000.gif

I googled "what do airlines call a direct flight" and got over 20 listings with the same explanation. No one can make you use the correct airline term to prevent confusion so some people will wonder why they have extra landings on a direct flight. Here are a few...

An illustration of a San Francisco to Singapore "non-stop" flight (green) versus a "direct" flight (purple)
View attachment 837399
Who are you arguing with?

Who are you arguing with?
Pay attention. :eyebrow: I quoted your mistake and addressed it. Want a dozen more links?

And there are multiple Pappadeaux's at DFW with daily AA flights to CZM, year round. High season this year (Jan - Mar) there were 2 flights a day, every day of the week
:)
There is, if I recall correctly, also a Pappadeaux in Hobby as well, but it's not the same. It's a roped off section of the concourse with flight announcements in your ear and crowds right next to you if you are sitting next to the ropes. The one in IAH is a second story standalone that you get to up a flight of stairs or by elevator and it is mostly or completely closed off. If you didn't already know you were in an airport you'd never know. What are the ones in DFW like?

Direct vs non-stop... meh. To me it's a distinction without a difference; if I can stay in my seat the whole way I care not if the plane stops as long as it is at an airport. :D

Direct vs non-stop... meh. To me it's a distinction without a difference; if I can stay in my seat the whole way I care not if the plane stops as long as it is at an airport. :D
Somehow I find it difficult to believe that you'd not mind extra landings, boardings, etc. along the way,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom