American Airlines Monopoly on Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Au contraire. This bothers you greatly. I doubt all the acrid to and fro have been as a result of “not being bothered”. 😂
If you look you'll see that I haven't been involved in the to and fro about direct vs non-stop flights. Plenty of other stuff bothers me, though. :D

Another option is to fly direct to cancun and take a short flight to Coz.

It adds close to $300 pp and only works if you can line up your arrival with their departure times. Otherwise, way faster and cheaper to take the ferry. They have a flight out of CUN at noon (to early) and don't have another till 5pm (too late).

It adds close to $300 pp and only works if you can line up your arrival with their departure times. Otherwise, way faster and cheaper to take the ferry. They have a flight out of CUN at noon (to early) and don't have another till 5pm (too late).
It's only 42 miles. Why bother with added luggage risks...
000.png

In light of being recently made aware of my flight cancellation by tursiops(thanks again) and NOT being notified by Delta, can someone answer one question? If I rent a car at Cancun airport, can I take it on the Cozumel ferry and does anyone know how much it costs?
The car ferry from Playa to Cozumel is awful. It’s recommended to get in line at least 2 hours before departure. The ferry ride is 1 1/2 hours. Take a taxi or the bus to the people ferry and rent a car in Cozumel. The bag drag is long enough, adding another 3 hours on each way makes it a bit insane.

I'm not sure if you are arguing or agreeing with me?
Sorry, I certainly agree. Skip the channel-jumping planes.

It's too easy to take the bus and boat

Easy when you're traveling alone perhaps.
Two sets of scuba gear plus my wife's months worth bag for a 1 week trip and my tiny clothing bag is a complete PITA to try the bag drag. especially after the bag drag we just did from St Thomas to Tortola

Hate it but maybe I skip Coz this year and stick with the 2 aggressor trips - BVI & Belize Aggressor III. I'd be at my 50 dives for the year not counting the amazing work dives for the waterski club at Marine Creek Lake in Ft Worth.

Two sets of scuba gear plus my wife's months worth bag for a 1 week trip and my tiny clothing bag is a complete PITA to try the bag drag. especially after the bag drag we just did from St Thomas to Tortola

Hate it but maybe I skip Coz this year and stick with the 2 aggressor trips - BVI & Belize Aggressor III. I'd be at my 50 dives for the year not counting the amazing work dives for the waterski club at Marine Creek Lake in Ft Worth.
Two Aggressor trips? You are a brave person. Hope nothing goes wrong...because you usually can't count on Aggressor to help out. :(

My daughter does the bag drag from the NYC area. She likes a nonstop flight rather than a layover. The past 4 trips have included her husband, adult daughter, the now almost 2 year old twins, endless baby stuff, luggage for 5 and dive gear for 3. We have a driver ($70usd) pick them up at the airport, they use the bicycle porters to get everything to the ferry, porter in Cozumel and then a taxi to our house. In January they tried the bus with the entourage. She felt it was not worth the savings. They just booked for June. It was almost the same price to CZM with a stop in MIA. She is flying nonstop. All that said, a livaboard is always a great idea.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom