American Airlines Monopoly on Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

šŸ˜‚that probably true. For me, irs not worth a minute or much thought or concert especially when itā€™s out of our control. We are at peace having to fly from Cancun some trips. My daughter thinks about it as an adventure in traveling. Her babies are becoming seasoned travelers. Our other kids much prefer flying into CZM.

No airline does nonstops to CZM from the NYC metro area. Itā€™s not just the AA ā€œNazisā€. None of themā€¦.must be an entire airline industry conspiracy!

LMAO - I fly from DFW. So yes I call conspiracy šŸ˜

LMAO - I fly from DFW. So yes I call conspiracy šŸ˜
Setting airline fares is complicated and has relatively little to do with miles flown. An airline that takes a loss on some routes because they have a lot of competition will make it up by charging a premium for routes where there is less (or no) competition.

I remember one year when I was pricing a Cozumel trip where the RT fare from Austin to Cozumel was a lot more than that from Toronto to Cozumel on the same airline even though both were routed through Houston on the same plane to Cozumel. As a matter of fact, the fare to fly Austin - Toronto - Houston - Cozumel was virtually the same as the fare to fly Austin - Houston - Cozumel. Go figure.

So, some folks don't like the price of the trip to the destination of their choice on the airline of their choice from the city they prefer to fly from on the day they prefer to fly. I'm trying to figure out how this makes it a monopoly (which it is not) or a conspiracy (which it is not). And it certainly does not give them the right to whine and call the airline slanderous names. Grow up.

So, some folks don't like the price of the trip to the destination of their choice on the airline of their choice from the city they prefer to fly from on the day they prefer to fly. I'm trying to figure out how this makes it a monopoly (which it is not) or a conspiracy (which it is not). And it certainly does not give them the right to whine and call the airline slanderous names. Grow up.
People have the right to whine in an internet forum whenever they like, and I have not seen anything in this thread which would qualify as slander.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom