American Airlines’ Saturday departure time is changing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RIHappyDiver

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
It appears that American Airlines is departing from BON on Saturdays at 5:15 PM starting November 9th. This means that anyone connecting is going to need to stay overnight in MIA. Not sure if this was their idea or Flamingo airport’s. Also wondering how many people this will affect, and if AA will start losing passengers.

Erik

It appears that American Airlines is departing from BON on Saturdays at 5:15 PM starting November 9th. This means that anyone connecting is going to need to stay overnight in MIA. Not sure if this was their idea or Flamingo airport’s. Also wondering how many people this will affect, and if AA will start losing passengers.

Erik
What time did they state for Miami arrival?

Erik

What time did they state for Miami arrival?
Looks like the flight from Bonaire is scheduled to arrive in MIA at 7:25 PM.

I have one flight to PHL at 9:05 PM. A 1:40 layover is shorter than I would like. The experience in MIA is often harrowing and can take a very long time, particularly luggage pick up and rechecking, sometimes also security.

We usually travel on Wednesday, the return flght to MIA is at the same time as Saturday :(

1:40 doesn't leave any time for errors. Take off a little late, hit a head wind or have to go around some bad weather you could be sleeping in the airport.

MIA customs and immigration to baggage sucks. We got Global entry and barely made it with 1hr30min layover and we were power walking. Made it with 5 min until doors closing. Wife was sad we could not stop for food. Bring snacks!

Rough securityLooks like the flight from Bonaire is scheduled to arrive in MIA at 7:25 PM.

I have one flight to PHL at 9:05 PM. A 1:40 layover is shorter than I would like. The experience in MIA is often harrowing and can take a very long time, particularly luggage pick up and rechecking, sometimes also security.

We usually travel on Wednesday, the return flght to MIA is at the same time as Saturday :(
Similarly, our layover for Boston is 1:35. This past February it took nearly that long to make it back through security. I have a hard time with anything less than 2:45 when going through customs. Well, luggage pick up and drop off. Delta is the only one that will get you back by 2 AM, which I consider the same day, with 2:55. Catch is you only have a 47 minute layover on the way down. Scratch that. So, AA or United are the 2 choices for Boston, both with an overnight stay in either Miami or Newark. Up side, I guess we’ll be a bit more refreshed than landing here at 12:30 AM, home by 2:30.

MIA customs and immigration to baggage sucks. We got Global entry and barely made it with 1hr30min layover and we were power walking. Made it with 5 min until doors closing. Wife was sad we could not stop for food. Bring snacks!
I’m still not sold on Global Entry, especially at MIA. I go through the regular lines and the folks with GE are still standing next to me for 15-20 minutes waiting for their luggage. They just got there faster, so have been there longer.

I’m still not sold on Global Entry, especially at MIA. I go through the regular lines and the folks with GE are still standing next to me for 15-20 minutes waiting for their luggage. They just got there faster, so have been there longer.
Global Entry is much, much better than standard passage through immigration entry. Last time we were there, thousands waited in the standard lines, we were through in minutes. The problem is that baggage pick up and rechecking is very often the rate limiting step. On a few occasions, bags have come quickly and we are on our way. On our last visit, it took eons for the bags to unload. And then you have to get thtough security. Sometimes there are TSA precheck lines or US passport lines that are quicker, not always. Overall, I hate Miami airport. To be able to get though in less than 2 hours is a crapshoot.

American will probably change their schedule a couple times before November. Every trip it seems I get a couple of emails "Your trip has changed".

If there is only 1:40 between flights with a checked bag you are pushing it even with Global Entry. The hold up is waiting for the checked bag, rechecking it and then going through security. MIA doesn't have a Pre-Check line so that takes quite a bit of time.

Back
Top Bottom