American recovered - Lombok, Indonesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you really think that an instabuddy is going to put themselves at risk to save you?

I sincerely hope that if you ever have a diving emergency or injury, you have a dive buddy like me and others on this board who are willing to accept a higher level of risk to save you. I think each of us knows whether or not we will stick our necks out for others, or be content to be a bystander.

I sincerely hope that if you ever have a diving emergency or injury, you have a dive buddy like me and others on this board who are willing to accept a higher level of risk to save you. I think each of us knows whether or not we will stick our necks out for others, or be content to be a bystander.
Like this dive buddy?
Shark Attack! – Divers' Blogs

I have read this account several times over the years. It has always filled me with a strange combination of deep felt sorrow for the loss of the diver, and simultaneous gratitude and awe to know there are people that are willing to try the impossible to save a life. It reminds me of reading combat reports that lead to the award of the Medal of Honor for heroism shown by our military members.

I'll be on Gili T. in July so I might find out something then. I was booked in to stay at Dream Divers and go diving with them, but have decided to stay/dive elsewhere.

I don't think it's worth speculating what caused the death, just wait and see what the final report states.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom