American Technical Diving Center

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a 2 week wreck diving trip under planning for mid 06' to the northern shore of Lake Superior (Mn.) , also will do some diving around the Apostle Islands (Wi.).

Andrew, et.al.;
I've dove with Tim O'leary and the diving itself as well as the operation is first rate. First dives were on a piece of cut up rig 23 miles NE out of the jetty. Other dives were in the "park" 4 miles out. I would not consider any other dive operator out of So. Padre. A boat from another operator was actually sinking next to us!!! Jewfish are plentiful. I fed one. You should've seen the look on the divers faces from the cornfields that had never dove SW. The rig and some liberty ships are about 105fsw and the park is about 85'.
Tim is an ex saturation diving supervisor with North sea experience. He is NAUITEC Director. He is not a voted member of the board of directors. Very knowledgeable guy that works closely with Bruce Wienke that is on the board of directors and father of RGBM.
The jetty is supposed to be the best dive going if you get clear water up to shore. I've been told you can be looking at 10 jewfish at one time.
Bill Chiulders NAUI 5709L C.D.

Bill,
Hey there partner!
Thank you for the write up; much appreciated.

I was just curious how the operation ran down in Padre and peoples opinions of it.

This time of year he ends up doing that big NAUI Tec course in Belize for a few weeks. We should see if he needs any help. :D
It’s is a lot of work but some fun from what I have heard.

They are offering a PRISM Closed Circuit class in the New Year just in case you might be interested. :wink: Pulling your leg dude!

If we don’t chat Merry Chrsitmas and a Happy New year.

NAUI rocks, Andrew

Andrew
NAUI IT (retired) 37935

I dove the "Wreck of the Deep 6" with their outfit last May. Nice boat, nice crew, nice shop. The prices are reasonable too. I'd certainly go out with them again.

Andrew.... did you and family get south and were you able to dive with these folks,,,was interested to here what you thought of the sites/charter group if you got to go out???? AK

Alan,
We decided against it.

We spent time in Rockport and Port A and some time on the beach in the sun.

We had heavy fog the evening of New Years eve. However, the weather over all was great. Nothing like sitting at the bar at 'Key Allergo' and having a drink watching the sun set over the bay.

Water temp at the beach was in the 60's.
Screaming Tide- it must have come up the beach 30ft in 3 hours. I had to move my truck up the beach 3 different times.

Alan, saw your write up on Belton. I plan on diving that site next year. I have a map that shows some flats in the 100+ range- could be fun. We should chat about it I would like to hear your exper. on the area.

Hope that you and your family had a Merry Christmas mate.

Regards, Andrew

Crazyduck:
Alan,
We decided against it.
We spent time in Rockport and Port A and some time on the beach in the sun.
Alan, saw your write up on Belton. I plan on diving that site next year. I have a map that shows some flats in the 100+ range- could be fun. We should chat about it I would like to hear your exper. on the area.
Regards, Andrew

Well it sounds like you guys had a great time hanging out,,,,heck that is what the holidays are for!

Stillhouse was good,,,,,we had hoped to make a 3rd. splash but we got hungry instead, so we pulled up to the marina cafe counter for some chat-n-chew. We were told were to find a wall off the dive point that drops to 60ffw with some minor outcroppings.....and of course the dam area offers some depth also. Heading to dive near Paris this Sunday for a bit of exploration, then will be in Iowa at the end of the month for a few days of ice diving. In April planning a trek to MO. to Blue Lake for some interesting dips. Take care and say HI to the crew. Alan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom