Analox -- Be warned!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seems to me the lds ought to fork over a new sensor....if you bought it on their word of a three year warrantee.

hi
got an issue with my analyzer that gave funky readings. I live in jamaica, so not easy to ship back & forth. I called them, based on the serial number (no need for the invoice that I had lost anyway...), they assessed the unit was 15 months old, and proposed a replacement of the sensor for 25% of the price. The older the unit, the more you have to pay (make sense, you've had more from the unit).

anyway, that did not fix my issue, I sent the unit back, they took care of it, called me back about what they had found, and shipped back the unit.

so, I am actually happy with analox. from what you describe, the issue seems more to be with the dealer who kept the unit for some time on his shelf !

eric

Analox Sensor Tech:
Firstly, may I say many thanks for your comments on Analox. We do appreciate all customer feedback, and make it our priority to aid customers who are not truly satisfied with the service that they have received.

If I can clarify, all electro chemical oxygen sensors are consumable items which degrade over a period of time. Analox offers a pro-rated warranty on their sensors to take this into account (pro-rated means that you get a percentage towards the cost of a replacement sensor if it fails within a three year period). This consumer protection beats thats of any other O2 Analyzer manufacturer.

Resulting from your comments we have made some changes to procedure which include;

Publishing the manufacture date on the O2EII storage tube making it easier for stockists and customers to view.

We will continue working with stockists regarding best practices and stock rotation for Analox products and sensors.

Again, we appreciate your feedback and comments and if anyone from the forum would like to discuss this in further detail please email me or call toll free (877) SAFE-AIR (877-723-3247)

Patti L Clarkson
Vice President, US Sales

See, this is great. Someone who listens to the masses...or at least a vocal few, anywho, someone brought up an issue and it was taken care of.. I'll probably buy my next O2 analyzer from Analox just for this reason.

Otter:
Analox sells a plug to replace the green orifice to allow the sensor to last longer. Secondly, I always calibrate an analyzer on a known air tank. That eliminates issues with ambient humidity and temperature.

Does your unit read high O2 even after you calibrate it on normal air?

My analox came with the plug included... is it not included with all models?

I love how easy it is to use and how compact it is.

Analox Sensor Tech:
Firstly, may I say many thanks for your comments on Analox. We do appreciate all customer feedback, and make it our priority to aid customers who are not truly satisfied with the service that they have received.

If I can clarify, all electro chemical oxygen sensors are consumable items which degrade over a period of time. Analox offers a pro-rated warranty on their sensors to take this into account (pro-rated means that you get a percentage towards the cost of a replacement sensor if it fails within a three year period). This consumer protection beats thats of any other O2 Analyzer manufacturer.

Resulting from your comments we have made some changes to procedure which include;

Publishing the manufacture date on the O2EII storage tube making it easier for stockists and customers to view.

We will continue working with stockists regarding best practices and stock rotation for Analox products and sensors.

Again, we appreciate your feedback and comments and if anyone from the forum would like to discuss this in further detail please email me or call toll free (877) SAFE-AIR (877-723-3247)

Patti L Clarkson
Vice President, US Sales

Seems to me then the dive shops representing this should have this consumable item replaced, via some sort of consignment arrangment or other plan. To have this item on the shelf for 2 years burning the clock is very unfortunate for the consumer, shouldn't the dive shop go further than this, or more accurately shouldn't Analox support the dive shop at a more frequent rate to avoid this type of thing?

I think it would be easier if the shops kept the units in stock without installing the sensors and only instal them when the unit is purchased. I don't know if that will make a difference (do correct me if I'm wrong), but since they're easy to replace, maybe shipping the sensors from the factory in a sealed package and then keeping them that way until a unit is sold would work.

O2 sensers have a self-life. Everyone should know that but I guess they don't. So its messed up blaming the company for crappy service.

Speaking about the LDS, they have no legal obligation to conduct their business on a FIFO (First In - First Out) basis. However, it is good ethical practice (and usually more profitable) if they do this. By clearing out their oldest inventory first they are opening up valuable shelf space for newer products. The longer an item sits on a shelf, the more it ends up costing the retailer. It's a little complicated so I'm not going to get into the trenches with it here. Of course, they could have been practicing FIFO and you were just the unlucky schmuck that got stuck with an old analyzer.

I am thoroughly impressed to see Analox posting to this forum and working with you (and all other Analox consumers) to correct the problem and take advice from their consumers. This is a practice rarely seen in maunfacturing these days. Custormer service after the sale has me partial to Analox now. Kudos to Analox.

I have had mine for 2 years and it has performed flawlessly!!
Its good to see the company involved here!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom