Ancient Coral Found In Hollywood, FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

... it's not YELLOW? I don't know... what *are* you writing about, Walter?

Grier- we all call the pavers off Johnson "The Yellow Brick Road" but it's not yellow and its not made of brick... AND its not a road. But it's there, though I missed it once too. I'm surprised with all the diving you did with us you haven't seen it.
Walter:
No. What I mean is since the Yellow Brick Road is in a fictional location, you'll never find it.

AKA The Mattress, Road to Bimini, Yellow Brick Road, and a host of other names. But the reality is that it is not named. It is simply a covering for the outlet pipe that dumps stuff into the ocean. Theoretically, because it is not anchored, it is susposed to curtail wave action and help prevent beach erosion. Of course with the City of Hollywood dumping our money into the ocean (read: beach renourishment projects), one can tell it is not working well.

Scuba_Jenny:
AKA The Mattress, Road to Bimini, Yellow Brick Road, and a host of other names...SNIP
I call it, "that place I got the unfair undersize lobster ticket." Yes, that's right... lobster actually SHRINK as you bring them west. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Oh yes, Mike, I've been there quite a few times. It's just that I used to have a terrible time finding it. (Okay, I never said I was a good navigator.) I can usually get to it now (if I can ever get down there to dive it!)

I really would like to see that big star coral, though. Hope the City of Hollywood doesn't dump sand all over it. Kinda like re-doing the Sistine Chapel in knotty pine...

...as in the old play about the "phantom" village. I hope you don't feel bad... I lost it a few times too, and couldn't promise I'd find it today. Now I just go with Jenny and don't worry about it.

Maybe the lobster and eels move it to get some peace.

MikeJacobs:
...as in the old play about the "phantom" village. I hope you don't feel bad... I lost it a few times too, and couldn't promise I'd find it today. Now I just go with Jenny and don't worry about it.

Maybe the lobster and eels move it to get some peace.

Of course - that's the key. The lobsters and eels only bring the road out when Jenny's diving. Otherwise, they hide it out in the wasteland of sand...

Guess I'll just have to make sure that I dive that site with Jenny, eh?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom