Andrea Doria

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"Deep Decent" provides excellent information regarding the Andrea Doria.

As far as the Discovery Channel showing, it is a good documentary of Peter Gimbal's project. He used commercial divers from Oceaneering to perform the work. They were in saturation for an extreme period. I would have liked to have seen the bill from Oceaneering for their work. With the support crew and gas divers were working around the clock for weeks, it must have been huge.
In no way was this a "Sport" diving project.

Unless I am mistaken, this Peter Gimbel special on the Andrea Doria is one that was done about 15-20 years ago. I remember seeing the original broastcast. Of course, it's always possible that it has been updated since then...perhaps a number of times.

ScubaTexan,
Yes, the filming was done back when leisure suits, long sideburns, and polyester was the style.
I think Discover Channel replays this show every six months or so. I watch it each time it appears.

Larry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom