Andrea Doria

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy:
yup, looks like they are trying to sell it. thanks for the link.

that boat is kind of like a piece of diving history, though...

Yet another Jersey boat gone :-(

Does any one know what ever became of the Sea Inn. I know after Mahoney passed away, it was sold and went to FL. Does anyone know if it is still a dive boat?

DA Aquamaster:
... I had always wanted to go in large part to swim along the promenade deck and generally survey the exterior of the wreck. ...

Don't forget your underwater camera. "This is me, at the Doria." Priceless.

For everything else there is Mastercard. :)

trickz_29:
i just finished reading a book on the Andrea Doria and am wondering if the Seeker still runs charters out to it.

thanks

The two famous boats -- Seeker and Wahoo are not running to the Doria this year. The Seeker is only being used for private projects. The Wahoo was sold last year to Capt. Hank Garvin who has renamed it the R/V Garloo and will not be running to the Doria this year. I don't belive the Sea Hunter or the Eagles Nest is running to the Doria either.

I have one charter scheduled in July on the JohnJack. I think we have 4 openings left on that trip.

Regards,

If the Seeker is being sold, they should put it in a museum. I agree, it is a great piece of diving history.

KidK9:
If the Seeker is being sold, they should put it in a museum. I agree, it is a great piece of diving history.

If that were the case, they would have to put the origilnal ladder on!! That was the WORST!! It only took Dan a couple years to a diver friendly tree ladder on.

The $1,750 charter price pales in comparison to the gear that you would need to maximize your trip. It's one of those things that was magical when I was a kid in Connecticut - but now there's other places that I'd go first. I guess one of the huge attractions was collecting china and other souvenirs. I have had enough treasures pass through my hands so I don't need anything like this, although a few dozen bullion bars would be nice.
The Andrea Doria is settling down nicely, blending in with bottom more and more every year. I'd hate like hell to be the last diver she killed.

Tom Winters:
The $1,750 charter price pales in comparison to the gear that you would need to maximize your trip. It's one of those things that was magical when I was a kid in Connecticut - but now there's other places that I'd go first. I guess one of the huge attractions was collecting china and other souvenirs. I have had enough treasures pass through my hands so I don't need anything like this, although a few dozen bullion bars would be nice.
The Andrea Doria is settling down nicely, blending in with bottom more and more every year. I'd hate like hell to be the last diver she killed.

Oh, I agree with you on that one Tom... My deep dive instructor, who used to own Divers Incorporated in Ann Arbor Michigan, died diving The Andrea Doria. His name was Richard Roost, he was an excellent instructor and had thousands of dives under his belt. Diving there was a lifetime dream for him....the call of a siren I would liken it to...I won't be answering that call....I want to live to dive another day...
Loretta

i think theres a dive boat outa CT that runs trip out there...
atlantis or somethin like that..
im not sure what happen to the sea inn.. i know a guy who crewed on her and has 20 somethin doria dives... ill see if i can find out any info there..
i havent herd much else about doria activity in the last season...
i usually know when something bad happens,, "our lady of Fathama hospital" is the closest chamber to the doria where the coast gaurd takes people. thts about 20 minn from my house so it usually makes the news

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom