Angola - Luanda??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scoufr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

Anyone knows if there are any dive centres in Luanda, or where I can dive in Angola?
I'll be travelling there for business soon.

Thanks!

I will look into it for you - haven't heard of any , but you never know.

Safe Diving

Andrew

No luck I'm afraid !!! But if you do find one while you are there please post and let us know - I'm quite keen to do a 4x4 trip there so any info would be useful .

Safe Diving

Andrew

Andy,

Thanks for looking into it! I have checked the PADI website, and snooped around on the net, but haven't had much luck either.

I really hope this don't mean there is not diving!!! :06: :11: (I'll have to start travelling there quite regularly soon, and want to have something to do the weekends).

That said, what you know about the possibilities to travel between Luanda and CT? I know that in CT there is no shortage of diving (though, from what I have seen on the net, most accomodation and dive centres seem quite expensive - can that be right?)

Any insights you have on travel, where to stay and pricing are very welcome!!!

And, as soon as I have more info about Luanda / Angola - I'll be sure to post it on here.

Thanks

Just been flipping through some old 4x4 magazines and came across an article on travelling through Angola by road from SA .That will probably not help you , but if you contact the operator they may have some info on diving .

www.gamsberg-safaris.com or hennie@gamsberg-safaris.com

You will be better off organising your accomodation and diving in Cape Town separately - there are plenty of rip-off artist over here offering package deals which are way over priced.

I usually pay around R 100-00 for a dive with our local operator www.piscesdivers.co.za not including equipment rental .

I will look into accomodation for you - I take it you aren't looking at a backpacker lodge ?

Cape Town to Luanda ? Flying will be the best option - don't know about pricing .

Safe Diving

Andrew

Back
Top Bottom