Diving in Marathon, Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

harveywalker500

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all

I am going to Marathon in Florida soon and I am looking for a dive centre to go to. I am a PADI Divemaster and I really enjoy wreck diving. I am also Tec 45 so any technical dive centres would be a massive bonus.

Does anyone have a good dive centre they could recommend? I heard that Tilden's is good from a book my friend gave me.

Thanks in advance!

Horizon Divers ticks all the boxes for you, except they are in Key Largo, a bit of a drive from Marathon.

I've used Captain Hooks in Marathon and the regularly dive the Thunderbolt wreck. My experience with them was good. Most likely anyone you choose to use will be good. Bad operators don't survive long in the keys.

Ditto for Conch Republic

Thanks all for your replies! I'm thinking about Captain Hooks since it's closer to where I'm staying, but I do want to either do a Tec dives or try out a rebreather at Horizon. I've mostly dived in Europe, which obviously uses bar, metres and litres for units, so does anyone have any good advice for diving in the US?

Get the conversions, and write on a slate?

Thanks all for your replies! I'm thinking about Captain Hooks since it's closer to where I'm staying, but I do want to either do a Tec dives or try out a rebreather at Horizon. I've mostly dived in Europe, which obviously uses bar, metres and litres for units, so does anyone have any good advice for diving in the US?
Well, if you dive rebreather then I assume you’re traveling with your own and it wouldn’t be an issue, correct? I doubt that you would be able to find a rental rebreather that you are certified for, but maybe you’ve already figured that bit out?

But tec diving or not, the only think you need to worry about is BAR -> PSI and Litres -> Cubic feet. If you can’t remember the conversions, just write them on a slate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom